twenty three

After Chaerin and Mark visited Taeyong in his office, they made their way downstairs.

"I can't believe you agreed so quickly," Taeyong told Mark, still a bit surprised at how fast everything was agreed upon.

"I still don't agree with it a hundred percent," He said bitterly, "it's just what she wanted," he gestured to Chaerin in which she shot him a grin.

"It's for the best," Taeyong patted Mark's shoulder, "You'll get to protect her more this way too," he whispered.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Mark whispered back.

Taeyong just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

They arrived at the living room where everyone was gathered.

"Finally! Took you long enough," Chenle said.

"Hello welcome to my TedTalk," Chaerin sat on the sofa. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything," said a few members simultaneously.

"Okay, okay," Chaerin laughed at their eagerness, "I have been street racing for a couple of years now, I learned from my brother who was also a street racer," she looked at Johnny who shot her a grin.

"He used to bring me to his races and let me seat shotgun when I felt down or was stressed. Then one day I asked him to teach me,"

"Your brother sounds cool," Xiaojun remarked.

"Yeah he was the best, he did everything to take care of me," Chaerin smiled sadly.

The members knew her father was a bastard and hated the man.

"Chaerin, If you don't mind me asking, you don't have to answer the question, but where is your mother?" Kun asked.

"Oh, my mom died when I was young,"

"Don't pity me," Chaerin said when she saw the expressions of the members, "I will run you over,"

The members laughed.

"Any other questions?"

"Where do you race?" Yuta asked.

"Know that abandoned road, Gojung-gil? Races are usually held there,"

"Can I ride shotgun?" Jisung and Chenle asked enthusiastically.

"I usually don't let people ride shotgun," Chaerin smiled, "I'll think about it,"

Jisung and Chenle did a high-five in excitement.

"Hey, we want in too!" The rest of the dreamies except for Mark shouted.

"I'll think about it,"

"By the way, we have a meeting tomorrow," Taeyong announced.

"What for?" Hendery asked in curiosity.

"Chaerin's officially joining us,"

Way to just drop the news.

Chaerin cringed internally, she didn't know how they would react. Would they hate it? Would they be okay with it?

"Hell yeah!"

"Wait she hasn't officially joined us yet? I thought she was already a member,"

"That's what I thought too,"

"Glad to have you officially on board Chaerin!" Taeil said with a smile.

Ten high-fived Winwin.

Chaerin felt touched that the members accepted her with open arms ever since the beginning.

She hasn't felt at home for years.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010