Casualties

The scrambled group of exhausted soldiers made it back to the Wall where they initially began their journey. Cordelia was worried for her brother and his devastating injury. He wobbled on his horse the whole way back, breathing heavily. He needed medical attention, and fast. Cordelia wasn't in the best shape, either. Dried blood and bruises crusted her face. The taste of blood lingered in her mouth no matter how much water she drank. She had taken a beating. 

"Easy does it..." Cordelia assisted Erwin off his horse and onto the safety of the wall. 

Erwin grunted then shook Cordelia off of him.

"Thank you, Captain." He nodded at her.

Cordelia huffed. She hated covering up the truth now that she found her brother. However, she knew it had to be done.

Levi, who was following behind the pair, glanced at Hange who was staring at Erwin and the mysterious woman curiously. 

"I'll take it from here, Captain. Go find your Squad if you can." Levi interjected himself between Cordelia and Erwin.

"Right." Cordelia nodded then turned to look for her team.

"Hey... Moblit..." Hange asked as she watched Cordelia walk away from Erwin and Levi.

"Yes, Vice-Chief Commander?" Moblit poked his head up from tending to an injured soldier.

Hange pointed at Cordelia as she walked away revealing the Military Police logo on her jacket, 

"Who is that?"

"Her?" Moblit followed Hange's pointed finger, "She's a Captain in the Military Police, I believe." 

Hange glanced at Moblit, "Do you know her name?" 

"Hm..." Moblit placed his hand to his chin to think, "Smith, I think. Cordelia Smith." 

"WHAT!? Ouch!" Hange stood to her feet rapidly, only to be met by a flare up from her wounds. She hunched over in pain.

"Vice-Commander Hange!" Moblit ran to Hange's side, "What's wrong?!"

Hange held an astonished look on her face as she inhaled, "Can it be...? That's... Commander Erwin's sister..." 

Moblit took in Hange's words, "Are you serious?" He finally spoke, looking back and forth between Hange and Cordelia.

Hange nodded, "I'm sure of it... But it's weird. He told us she was dead just a few days ago..." She narrowed her eyes.

"I noticed her last name matched the Commander's when I checked her in... And they look extremely similar," Moblit noted.

"Moblit, keep this information quiet until further notice," Hange ordered.

Moblit nodded, then helped Hange to her feet.

~~~

Cordelia walked through the injured bodies that sprawled around the Wall searching for her team members. Her head and abdomen throbbed, she guessed she at least had a concussion from her fall off of Nero. Her face was caked with blood from her wounds. The bleeding wouldn't stop. She definitely needed stitches.

"Captain!!" 

Cordelia heard familiar voices call out. She whipped her pounding head around towards the voices.

 She whipped her pounding head around towards the voices