Crossfire

A rainstorm of rocks suddenly appeared from above Levi's head.

Cordelia noticed them and grew almost too shocked to move.

"Levi!" Cordelia gasped as she stumbled towards Levi as fast as she could.

Levi watched a rock fly right by his face. He grew wide-eyed as he tried to process what was happening.

It felt like slow motion.

"Look out!!" Cordelia grabbed Levi and yanked him with her behind a chimney that was on the roof

"Look out!!" Cordelia grabbed Levi and yanked him with her behind a chimney that was on the roof. A rock managed to skim her cheek in the process, cutting it deeply. She winced and gripped her injury as blood flowed out of the wound.

 She winced and gripped her injury as blood flowed out of the wound

Boulders came from every which sort of direction. Their hiding spot behind the chimney wasn't great, but what choice did they have?

"You idiot! You're hurt! You shouldn't worry about me!" Levi growled as the rocks continued to pillage the houses around them.

"Shut up, will you?! Now is not the time!" Cordelia snapped back as she covered her head with her hands to shield herself from the rock invasion.

"Dammit!" Levi said. He suddenly noticed a shadow of a huge boulder come above them. He looked up and saw it coming straight for them. Both Levi and Cordelia stared at the incoming boulder in shock. Cordelia felt stiff in place.

Without a second thought and almost as a reflex, Levi snatched Cordelia and carried her as he quickly pushed off the chimney and towards the ground. They met the ground harshly and rolled as they landed. Levi adjusted his body to help break Cordelia's fall.

CRASH.

The boulder crashed where they were residing mere seconds before. Dust and debris piled everywhere around them.

"Cordelia!" Levi said as he realized how hard they had hit the ground. He held her in his arms as he ran towards a safer location away from the rocks and destruction.

Cordelia coughed up the debris and dust that had made its way into her lungs.

"I'm still here," She croaked. She gripped his jacket tightly as he ran.