Before the Storm

The next few days after she was discharged passed by all too slowly to Cordelia's liking. It was stressful to keep her secret under control-- Especially since she was now living with Levi. 

Over the course of the two weeks, Hange excitedly showed the Survey Corps her new invention called Thunder Spears. They were a new gadget that was designed to be used with extreme caution. The purpose of the spears was to pierce Titans such as The Armored Titan and penetrate the thick layering of the skin to inflict harsh damage. After some careful practice, the entire Survey Corps became masters (or close to it) of the Thunder Spears. The trick with the spears was to pull the trigger and ignite the explosion that would happen once the trigger was released. If used carefully and in a timely manner, it could cause massive damage to foes. However, hesitate too long, and the spears will backfire on the user.

While she perfected her Thunder Spear skills, and for the rest of the time before the mission, Cordelia did her best to hide her awkwardness and her secret. When Levi asked her why she was 'acting weird' she just replied that she was anxious about the upcoming mission... Which in itself wasn't a lie. Nobody knew how the mission would go. The concept of the unknown scared Cordelia and kept her up at night.

At this point, with all this stress, I'm going to get gray hairs... She had thought to herself at some point. 

As far as sharing living quarters with Levi, his apartment was exceptionally clean. His bed was always made tidy and neat, his dishes were never left in the sink. Not a single speck of dust in sight. For the first few days, Levi offered his entire bed space to Cordelia. He insisted she stayed there and stated he slept better on his chair in the main living space. Cordelia, of course, disagreed and did her best to convince Levi to stay in the room with her.

After bickering about the sleeping situation, Cordelia agreed to sleep in a separate room.

However, it didn't last long. 

"Levi,"  Cordelia said as she tip-toed out of the room and poked her head out of the doorway, "It's lonely all by myself, I'm scared," She looked at him with worry.

He shifted in his chair, the moonlight filled the room, "If I'm protecting you in my own apartment what's there to be scared about?"

"There's a window. They could sneak in," She pointed out.

"It's locked."

"What if it's not?"

"It is."

"What if they unlock it?" She said with raised eyebrows.

The pair went in circles like this for 10 minutes. Cordelia always fired back any excuse she could find on Levi to make him come closer. She didn't know if it was the 'bond' that made her crave him or if it was actually her admiration and love for him. Nonetheless, it was a high she couldn't refuse. And though he tried to deny it, it was one Levi couldn't resist either.

"Tsk," He replied after minutes of long arguing, "I guess it can't be helped. Fine, I'll start sleeping in there from now on. But, I'll be bringing my chair and sleeping on the other side of the room."

Cordelia smirked. She had won. "Okay, fine," She replied woefully.

However, the new layout didn't last a day. Cordelia convinced Levi to come into bed with her by saying she was 'cold'. 

Cordelia knew exactly what she was doing. She knew very well. As did Levi in the end.

With a woman as stubborn as Cordelia, she knew how to play her cards correctly to get what she wanted.