Trials

After the interrogation, Erwin and Cordelia were placed in the same cell. The guards rudely plopped Cordelia on the cold hard ground. Erwin glared at them but didn't say a word. He was grateful to be in the same cell as her but hated being reminded of the reason she was in that shape in the first place. He didn't know why they put them in the same cell, Erwin figured it was probably so he would have to stare at his sister's unconscious and beaten up body the entire time.

Please wake up... Erwin sat by his sister to ensure she was still breathing. He was worried sick for her wellbeing. His heart raced while he felt her neck for a pulse. He shut his eyes in anticipation. 

There.

His eyes shot open. She's alive-- her pulse is slow but she's okay. 

Erwin sighed a breath of relief.

He gently placed her head on his lap and stroked her face softly, avoiding any wounds. He did his best to wipe the blood from the gashes on her face and clean the wounds with his shirt. She was in rough shape and took some serious trauma to the face. Erwin felt nothing but guilt for the way his sister was treated. 

After what felt like hours, Cordelia stirred and groaned in pain

"Cordelia!" Erwin called as he noticed his sister's movement.

She clenched her eyes shut and reached a hand to her head,

"Ungh... It hurts..."

Erwin looked down worriedly at his sister, "I know it does..." His guilt grew heavier, "I'm sorry, it's all my fault."

Cordelia slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Erwin,

"Erwin?" She blinked as her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting in the room.

Erwin nodded while he stared down at her, "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere."

Cordelia attempted to sit up but was met by throbbing pain. She winced as she clutched her ribs in pain.

"Hey! Easy, you're in no shape to get up on your own right now," Erwin, with his one arm, attempted to help her sit up.

"Thanks," She breathed as Erwin helped her sit against the wall. 

She sighed.

"So, what's next for us?" Cordelia turned her bruised face towards her brother who sat next to her.

Erwin looked serious and hesitated in answering her question. She continued to look at him, noting his reluctance to answer.

"Well?"

"We... go on trial before the King sometime today. They said when you woke up. They've been coming in to check every hour... My guess is that we don't have long."