A Joyful Day

~2 Years Later~

Horses grazed on salty grass in the background. The breeze was calm, soft, and slightly warm. The sound of ocean waves echoed through the empty sands as the water kissed the shore then retracted back into the current.

"Hey you kids! Stop chasing me!" Hange shouted as she ran away from two tiny black-haired toddlers giving her chase. 

The two toddlers playfully giggled and chased their Auntie Hange in the soft sand while their parents stood from afar and watched. The soft ocean breeze caressed Levi and Cordelia's hair gently as they stared into the sunset that touched the sealine, breathing in the fresh air. The pair stood in silence and peace, taking in their surroundings.

"So... this is what was waiting for us outside of the Walls..." Cordelia said calmly as she shut her eyes. 

Levi nodded, "Apparently this is called the 'sea' according to Brainiac."

Cordelia chuckled, "Do you mean Armin?"

Levi shrugged, "Yeah if you want to get specific." 

Cordelia laughed at Levi's snarkiness. She turned back to face the ocean, amazed by the waves and the soft sand beneath them. The sun was melting into the shoreline in the far distance, reflecting off the deep blue ocean water into colors of purple and orange. 

"It's beautiful..." Cordelia whispered, "It's hard to believe something like this was kept from us for so long... How many times have you been out here now?" 

Levi shrugged, "This is my fifth time. I'd say it's safe enough to bring my family along. Besides, it's only fair you got to see it too."

Cordelia sighed a breath of relaxation as she turned to Levi standing next to her, "Levi..." She began with a face full of endearment. Levi met her eyes with his, 

"...Thank you for showing me something so beautiful. I never knew our world was so capable of something like this," She said with a beautiful, heartfelt expression. 

Levi looked at Cordelia and immediately blushed. Her innocence and free-spirit was one of the things he admired the most about her.

"Y-yeah, don't mention it," Levi said as he tried not to show his feelings. She looked so perfect in this moment to him. 

Cordelia reached into her pocket and brought out Erwin's medallion that was gifted to her after the final mission during the ceremony. The medallion was a memento that was all she had left to remember her brother by. She smiled softly as she stared at it and gripped it close to her chest. She let out a small sigh as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear, "Erwin... would have loved this," She said softly. 

"I know," Levi replied without hesitation. 

"I miss him... so much," She said as her lip began to tremble, "It's hard to believe... that he was so close to this... All this time."

"I know you miss him... and so do I," Levi said, "We all do. Me, Hange, Pixis... the recruits... heck even the kids would've loved him."

Cordelia nodded as tears began to fall down her cheeks uncontrollably, "I just can't help but wonder how things would have been different." 

Levi noticed her tears and immediately moved in to wipe the tears that escaped her eyes, 

"It's hard to say for sure... But, you know it's because of Erwin that we were able to get this far. His sacrifice and everything he gave... it's the reason why we're here at all. We most likely would have never been able to escape the Beast Titan if Erwin didn't do what he did that day."