What Can't Be Undone

Cordelia stared at the ceiling as the night dragged on slowly. She had just finished hours of crying after trying to accept the news that her doctor broke to her. She wiped her puffy eyes and clutched a pillow tightly to her chest. Cordelia had no choice but to accept what she was told; though she was entirely repulsed with herself. At no point in her life did she think bringing a child into this cruel, twisted, world was a good idea. At least, not until she would be sure that they would live a guaranteed peaceful life and have a promising future free from the cruel clutches of Titans and corruption.

At this point, Cordelia just felt numb. She reached her arm over her eyes as she remembered the conversation she had with the doctor.

~~

"You're pregnant," He had said while staring her straight in the face.

"I... It can't be..." Cordelia stuttered. She felt tears welt in her eyes. They began to stream endlessly down her cheeks.

How could this have happened?! How could I have been so stupid?! Cordelia's lifted her hand to her mouth in disbelief

How could this have happened?! How could I have been so stupid?! Cordelia's lifted her hand to her mouth in disbelief. She gripped her grasp tighter around her face due to her anxiety. Her nails dug slightly into her skin. She began to tremble.

Levi and I... Only did it like what, four times? Five times total? How... She felt cursed from the inside out. She began to breathe heavily. 

Dr. Wilde sighed, "I'm afraid so," He said as he stood up from the chair, "It's very early along as well. Have you been feeling ill lately? I think the incident today had something to do with the pregnancy."

She slowly nodded at him. Her mouth hung open in shock. She had been feeling nauseous in the mornings... It all made sense. She was truly speechless.

What am I going to do...? This timing is terrible... Her eyes widened as she realized. 

Cordelia trembled as she felt her stomach, "But... The mission in two weeks..."

Dr. Wilde sighed, "I'm not one to tell you what to do but... I highly recommend against it. Usually, female soldiers are discharged to go on leave immediately when they find out they're expecting."

Cordelia grit her teeth, "Please... Don't tell anyone. Nobody can know about this. Especially Erwin. I'm begging you," Her voice shook as she begged him.

He stared at her with a sad expression, "I'm not legally allowed to tell anyone other than you anything. What you choose to do is entirely up to you," He reassured her, "But," He said.

She looked up at him as she fought her tears back.

"Seeing that nobody knows how this mission will go... You should really think about the future for not only you but the life inside you. It's no longer just you anymore, remember that."

Cordelia hesitated, "I... Know..."

Dr. Wilde sighed, "I'm not one to tell you how to live your life. Accidents happen but life itself is a miracle. I'll leave you to absorb the news. Goodnight, Cordelia," He reached for the door and left.