All The Things Said

Cordelia opened her sleepy, tired eyes. She groaned and rolled over, trying to collect herself. She touched her throbbing forehead with her hand and winced slightly at the pain.

"Ugh, geez..." She mumbled as she rubbed her head.

"Goodmorning," A cheery familiar voice next to her startled her suddenly, "I was wondering when you'd wake up

"Goodmorning," A cheery familiar voice next to her startled her suddenly, "I was wondering when you'd wake up." 

Cordelia sat up and flashed her eyes towards the guest in her room. Erwin sat in a chair next to her bed smiling at her, reading what looked like work documents on the table next to him. 

"Erwin?! How long have you been here?!" Cordelia gasped, "What time is it?"

Erwin smirked, "It's already 10:30. I brought you breakfast..." He glanced over towards the plate on the table. Cordelia followed his gaze at the stale plate of eggs and toast.

"...However I feel as though it's of little use now since it's gone cold."

Cordelia felt bad about the wasted food, "Ah, sorry about that... Thank you for thinking of me."

Erwin looked at her in seriousness, "I was beginning to get nervous, you never sleep in this late. Are you feeling unwell?" He stood up and leaned in to examine her.

Cordelia leaned away from Erwin as he approached her, "We-Well... I just have a headache. That's all." 

She didn't like to reveal her feeling of weakness to her brother.

He put a hand to her forehead for a few seconds then touched his own forehead.

"Hmm... You do feel warm. I'll grab a doctor and some water for you so just wait here," He stood up to leave.

"Don't!" Cordelia called suddenly.

Erwin turned around, "Hm? What's wrong?" 

Cordelia's blue eyes met her brother's.

"I feel fine. Calling a doctor will just have me in here longer than I need to be," She sighed, "I was having trouble sleeping last night so I took some pills. They make me feel feverish and give me a headache. No need to call the doctor, this is normal," She shrugged.

Erwin felt relief come across him, "I see," He replied as he went to sit back down.

Cordelia smiled and then looked towards the window at the sunny sky awaiting outside. 

"I think I could use some fresh air, though. Do you think I'd be able to take a brief walk outside? The weather seems fairly nice today. It'll be winter in a few weeks so I'd love to take advantage of the sun as much as possible."

"Hmm..." Erwin hesitated, looking away from his sister. He contemplated what the best thing to do would be. Her injuries were still fresh so staying inside would be the best bet...