Farewell

The barrage arrived back at Trost late that night. Cordelia watched as Erwin, who was helped by a doctor and Levi, slowly made his way to his quarters. Though he was heavily injured, she was just glad he was alive.

A few days passed, the Garrison troops confirmed there was no breach and no more threats posing to the Wall. During those few days, Cordelia didn't see Erwin at all and only saw Levi occasionally in the mess hall. She always searched the mess hall to see if she could catch a glimpse of him, though she didn't know why. She felt comfort knowing Levi was around.

Cordelia instructed her squad to get some rest in the barracks for the next few days, further instruction would follow. 

If there was no breach, then how did the titans manage to get in? Cordelia pondered as she went to visit Ed in the medical suite.

She found Ed's room and walked inside. There were flowers and cards for him made by the rest of her squad and Jean. Cordelia placed a tin of cookies by the other gifts. She looked at her injured squad member. Ed lay completely still, a bandage covering his head, his eyes closed and chest rising and his breathing heavy.

 Ed lay completely still, a bandage covering his head, his eyes closed and chest rising and his breathing heavy

She looked at the chart at the foot of his bed. His heartbeat was steady according to the notes, he seemed stable, just unable to wake up. He had managed to make it this far, she hoped he would wake up so she could feel more at ease.

"Come on, Ed... Pull through." She sighed as she put a hand against his limp one. 

After paying her visit, she left the room and walked towards the exit. 

"Cordelia?" A voice called her name from a room.

"Hm?" Cordelia took a step back to the entrance of the room she had just passed.

"Patrick!" She said as she entered the room, "How are you?"

"Better now that I have some company." He smiled.

"I didn't know you were still in here, are you alright?" Cordelia asked

"Mm," He nodded, "A bad concussion was making me have fainting spells since we left the wall followed by a bunch of nosebleeds. And a dislocated shoulder that's been put back in place. I should be okay now..." He trailed off as he stared at his hands, "I... wish I could say the same for the rest of my squad."