A Bond Like No Other

Three weeks had gone by. The weather turned cold as the winter season stumbled into the Walls. Cordelia slowly but surely began to heal. Rumors of her being the Commander's sister infatuated the Scouts, however, it seemed they were even more so fascinated by her relationship with Captain Levi. 

Levi visited Cordelia every day. She convinced Erwin to allow her to be able to have an evening walk since her strength was returning. Through his protests, Erwin eventually obliged of her request.

She and Erwin had their daily walks around the barracks in the mornings while she and Levi had their daily walks in the evenings. Whispers from other Scouts seemed to follow her whenever she would venture outside of her habitat in the Medical Suite. She embraced the echoes of the whispers with a warm-hearted smile. Soon enough, the Scouts had accepted her as one of their own. She captured the hearts of the Scout Members. 

Especially, the heart of a certain Captain. 

~~~

Knock. Knock.

"Ah, one second!" Cordelia called as she quickly buttoned her shirt. The sun shone brightly through her window on the cold winter morning. She wore her hair down after she had combed it. After successfully buttoning her shirt, she raced over to open the door.

"Good morning!" Erwin greeted her cheerfully. Hange smiled happily and Levi stood by Erwin's side as they entered the room.

"Today's the big day!" Hange exclaimed as she smiled brightly, "You get to be released from the Medical Suite! How exciting!"

"Everyone! It's good to see you," Cordelia said cheerfully as she returned Hange's smile, "It's about time I leave this place! I think I'd go crazy if I had to be couped up in here even if it was just for another day."

Erwin smirked, "Well we had to make sure you were 100% ready to be cleared. If it were up to me, you'd have to pass a test before being released. We need you as ready as possible here in the next few weeks."

Cordelia rolled her eyes at her overprotective brother.

"Have you got everything all packed up?" Levi asked as he glanced around the room at her packed belongings. 

Cordelia nodded, "Just about! All I need is to pack my backpack. I'll go get it now," She walked over and picked the few items on her side table and placed them in her backpack. She glanced at the notebook that sat at the very bottom of the belongings she was packing away. She carefully picked it up and flipped through it, finding the page from where she wrote her thoughts from her dream the first night in the medical suite.

"Hey, Hange," Cordelia began as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hm?" Hange titled her head to the side, "What is it?"

"Did you ever figure out anything from the dream I had? I forgot about it... It's probably nothing, though."

Hange suddenly clasped her hands together, "That's right! I did manage to discover some things out. I wanted to talk to you and Levi about it."

"Ah, really?!" Cordelia perked up.

"Huuh? How long were you planning on keeping us out of the loop, Four-eyes?" Levi said harshly.

"Well, I was so caught up in it that I didn't want to get too ahead of myself. But there's no harm in me telling you what I've found out and my theory on it all," Hange replied.

Erwin shifted his weight and cleared his throat, "We can talk about this later," He scolded as he turned to Cordelia, offering his arm to carry her backpack, "Come, Cordelia. Let's get you set up in your new home."