Strings of Fate

Orvud District - Military Head-Quarters

Upon Commander Erwin's orders, the entire military soldiers that gathered at the Head-Quarters were summoned to decipher a plan to stop Rod Reiss' Titan. Levi managed to patch himself up and throw a few loose bandages to stabilize the wound on his shoulder. He told himself he would seek proper care when this was all finished, but as for now-- it wasn't over yet. 

Levi was one of the last to enter the conference room. Erwin noticed him and his bandaged shoulder enter the room and take place against the wall with his hands in his pockets. He stood next to Jean against the back of the wall.

Erwin sat at the conference table with a map laid out in front of him. He held his fist to his mouth although he was lost in thought. A captain in the Garrison sat adjacent to him.

"Alright, let's begin. We've no time to lose," Erwin nodded at everyone in the room so the meeting could begin.

The group congregated as Erwin explained, with full confidence, that they would not be evacuating any citizens as their priority because they did not want to cause worry. He was fully confident they could destroy Rod Reiss before his Titan managed to breach the Wall. 

The Garrison Captain's stared at Erwin like he was a maniac. In their defense, he was. The plan sounded absurd and they were relying too heavily on the unknown and Eren.

This fight was a huge risk. 

But it was a risk that Erwin was willing to take. It had to work. They had no other choice.

As the meeting came to a conclusion, Erwin eyed Levi suspiciously. Levi pretended not to notice Erwin's sharp gaze on his poorly wrapped bandage that shrouded his shoulder. Erwin shut his eyes, visibly annoyed.

"This meeting is over, everyone prepare yourselves in your rightful positions," Erwin instructed. 

"Yes, Commander!" The soldiers said as they all filed out of the room.

Levi turned towards the door.

"Levi," A deep voice called his name. 

He stopped dead in his tracks as the last soldier left the room, leaving only Levi and Erwin.

Dammit, he cursed to himself. He knew what he was in for.

He turned himself to face Erwin who sat in the chair. He stared at Levi with his usual look of seriousness. His thick eyebrows furrowed and his gaze sharp.

"What is it?" Levi spat.

Erwin sighed, "In your current condition, you won't be of any help with this mission. Stand down."

Levi lowered his head slightly as he continued to stare back at Erwin, visibly annoyed by the order. He stayed silent.

"Tomorrow I want you to search for Interior Police survivors from the  Reiss Chapel destruction," Erwin continued, "We'll need to investigate what we can out there before we head back to Trost," Erwin said boldly.