Unravel

Once Armin was retrieved from his Titan, Levi looked over at Erwin for the last time.

We'll give you a burial you deserve, Erwin, Levi thought to himself as he shut his eyes.

Hange had instructed everyone to meet at the top of the Wall. Levi carefully picked Cordelia up in his arms as he set himself up to join all who remained. As he carefully held her in his arms, he realized at that moment that he never wanted to let her go. He moved ever so carefully and gently to ensure she would remain stable. He was the last one to join the rest of his squad on the Wall. 

Once he got to the top of the Wall, he held her for a few moments longer before catching some awkward looks from his Squad. With extreme caution, he laid her on the ground next to Sasha, who was also heavily injured, and Armin who was due to wake up any moment. Levi monitored Cordelia closely and counted her breathing rhythms to ensure she was still stable. 

He could do nothing but sit still in a fit of uneasiness. His mood was sour from being anxious and the fact that knowing Cordelia's injuries could have been prevented. Not to mention, the opposition from Eren and Mikasa on his original decision to revive Erwin instead of Armin did nothing but piss him off.

Damn brats, he sulked to himself, I'll punish them when we get back.

~~

A few hours later, as Armin woke up, Levi was still in his sour mood. Levi glanced over as Armin stirred awake and sat himself up. Armin slowly glanced around and noticed Sasha laying next to him, whimpering in pain.

"Sasha...!" Armin said in a raspy voice, "You're in terrible shape... What happened...?"

Armin stared in confusion, with little to no memory of what had caused him to be in such a hazy state. Levi had his back turned to Armin as he sat by Cordelia. He ignored him. 

"Armin!" Eren called from a distance. Armin glanced up to see Eren running full force towards him with tears in his eyes. Eren practically launched himself onto his friend. 

"Wha... Eren..?" He quietly squeaked as Eren hugged him tightly.

Levi bit his lip and stood up. He glanced at Cordelia then shut his eyes as he began to walk towards Armin.

"I'm glad... you're back!" Eren cried. 

"Huh?" Armin blinked.

"So you're up?" Levi said coldly as he stared emotionless at Armin.

"Captain..." Armin whispered as Levi began walking towards him.

"What... happened?" Armin asked as Eren sheepishly stared up at his Captain.

"I remember Bertholdt becoming a Titan... but..." Armin suddenly became worried, "What about the others?! Are they okay?!"

Levi glanced over at Cordelia who lay the same as she had been; still but stable. Armin followed Levi's gaze and gasped.

"Is that... Cordelia! What happened?!" He cried out.

Levi sighed, "She's fine. Because I had to deal with your situation I couldn't protect her though."

Armin looked surprised, "My... situation...?"

Levi took out his flare gun and pointed it towards the sky.

"You only remember Bertholdt becoming a Titan? That's as far as you remember?"

Armin stared up at Levi and blinked in confusion. Meanwhile, Eren looked distraught.