Twist of Fate

SNAP

The sudden noise caused Levi to turn his attention to his right while he was mid-air. His eyes grew wide as he witnessed the scene in front of him. He felt his chest tighten as a certain blonde-haired soldier began to plummet towards the ground.

 He felt his chest tighten as a certain blonde-haired soldier began to plummet towards the ground

"Cordelia!!" Armin cried in the distance.

"No!" Levi gasped. He immediately changed directions to try and get to Cordelia. He moved quickly but felt like he was moving in slow motion.

I'm not going to make it... He grit his teeth as he charged through parts of trees to get to her as fast as possible. 

Cordelia's hair covered her face as she fell. Levi caught a glimpse of her eyes as her hair whipped around her, they reflected nothing but a look of defeat. She weakly reached her hand out to Levi.

Though he was moving quickly, she was falling all too fast. Levi was getting closer but still not close enough. He extended his arm out back towards her with a look of desperation on his face.

She squinted her eyes in exhaustion as her arm that was extended went limp. Her eyes fluttered shut.

"Cordelia!!" Levi called desperately. He pushed himself even harder in an attempt to reach her. The ground was coming all too quickly. 

Shit... Levi felt fear welting up inside him, How did this happen?!

The ground was a mere few meters away, Levi felt his anxiety heighten. He now expected the worst. 

Suddenly, something appeared quickly from the left, snatching Cordelia. A quick blur appeared out of nowhere.

"What?!" Levi said aloud as he turned his head. He quickly switched directions on his ODM so he himself would not crash into the ground.

Someone had saved Cordelia at the last second. Levi drew a breath of relief. He watched from above as the person who saved Cordelia landed firmly on the ground. Levi glanced down as he sailed above them. The person held Cordelia in a cradled position with an arm under her knees and one the other wrapped around her upper torso. 

Who is that? He said to himself as he examined the person from above. He was relieved but also worried. Why did her belt break? Was it just a malfunction?  A million thoughts coursed through his head. 

Levi switched directions with his ODM gear so he landed softly on his feet on the ground. He ran over to Cordelia's savior who had his back turned to Levi. 

Red hair. 

Levi was silent as he approached the person.

"Oi," He called.

The man turned around and revealed himself with a worried expression on his face. 

No way... This guy?!