New Reality

"Mmgh..." Cordelia groaned as her eyes weakly pried themselves open. 

Her eyesight was burry as she tried to come to her senses

"I feel awful..." She mumbled as she tried to gather her thoughts. She placed a hand on her head as she tried to prop herself up.

"Eh?" She said as she looked at the IV on her arm with a lost expression.

"What..." She whispered as she tried to remember what happened. She squinted her eyes in an attempt to stay focused and concentrate. 

The last thing I remember is... flashes of the incident popped into her head. Getting stabbed in the collarbone then.... nothing.

I really thought I was done for... She tried to reason with herself as she felt a bandage over her wound. She winced upon its touch. Still fresh, which meant she wasn't out very long. 

Just how did I live...?

Oh.
And then she remembered.

She bit her lip as she hoped her dream in the flowery field was simply just a dream and nothing more. 

Erwin... Is he really... gone...?

Cordelia felt her heart grow heavy. She had an inkling feeling that it wasn't just a dream. She felt chills course through her body.

She sighed and noticed something out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head slightly and gasped at the tuft of black hair resting it's head on the bed. 

Sitting soundly with their head on the mattress was Levi. He had his arms wrapped around his head and was slumped over in a chair. It looked quite uncomfortable to Cordelia.

Cordelia gave a small smile as she gazed at Levi sleeping peacefully. She reached over and gently stroked his head with the side of her hand.

He must've been so worried...

Immediately upon Cordelia's touch, Levi's eyes shot open. He sat up instinctively and stared directly at Cordelia. He couldn't believe his eyes. 

"It...Cordelia... It's you..." He stuttered with wide eyes, half asleep.

Cordelia retracted her hand and smiled at him,

"Sorry for waking you," She laughed slightly.

"Cordelia..." Levi stared at her in shock. He shut his eyes and practically launched himself onto her, holding her tightly in his arms. 

"Uwah!" Cordelia said playfully as she was caught off guard by Levi's powerful embrace. It hurt her frail body slightly but the moment felt too good to let go. She wrapped her arms back around him to return his hug.

"I was really worried..." Levi said as he kissed her cheek.

"I know... I'm sorry," Cordelia sighed as she blushed. Levi rarely showed affection.