One Final Promise

Levi held the syringe to Erwin's arm, moments away from injecting it into his body.

BOOM.

An explosion in the distance caught his attention. Levi glanced over at the cloud of smoke that appeared on the Wall.

DUNDUN. His chest suddenly ached with a sharp pain that caused him to keel over while about to inject Erwin with the syringe.

"Ungh!" He groaned, "N...No... It can't be..." He muttered as he clutched his chest, "Cordelia... Her presence... it's gone..."

His pain struck him like lightning and came out of nowhere. He felt himself having sudden difficulty breathing without warning as his eyes grew wide. His sight blurred out for a moment as the overwhelming condition overtook him. His body became so still, he could hear his heartbeat ringing in his ears.

"DAMMIT!" He yelled out in pain and frustration. 

~~~

What... What is this feeling...? It feels warm and... light. I feel like... I'm floating... 

Cordelia's sight was pitch black as she rested her eyes.

I don't want to wake up from this...

"Mmm..." Cordelia mumbled as she finally opened her eyes and squinted from the brightness in front of her.

"Huh...?" She reached up and covered her eyes with her arm to block the sun. The bright sky that appeared in front of her was blinding.

 The bright sky that appeared in front of her was blinding

She suddenly became confused and sat up immediately.

"What the--!! What is this?! Where am I...?" She looked around her to see if she recognized anything. All she saw in front of her was a field of grass and flowers.

"I don't know what this is but... It feels... familiar... Am I dreaming?"

Cordelia scanned the area with her eyes. The wind constantly moved through her hair that was out of its ponytail and flowed freely around her. She slowly stood to her feet to get a better look at her surroundings. As she stood up, she noticed she was in a long white gown that landed at her ankles and that she was barefoot.

She touched the dress in confusion.

Surely... this is a dream, right?

She spotted a path right next to where she stood up and squinted ahead in an attempt to see where it led. Her view was obstructed by a hill where the path ran through.

"Well," She sighed, "I suppose I have no choice," She set foot down the path before her. Though she was unsure of where it would lead her, she didn't feel scared.

Cordelia took a deep breath. She was in a field of tall grass and wildflowers. There was no end in sight to the fields of flowers. Just beauty of nature. Her ideal place, really. The sun was shining through the thick clouds. Cordelia gazed up at the clouds, which were moving especially slower than she'd ever seen before.