The Price of War

Cordelia followed swiftly behind Levi who was blinded by rage. She huffed in fatigue while she tried her best to keep up as Levi soared vigorously to slice the Titans.

As she bounced from Titan to Titan, she glanced up towards the Wall. Eren's Titan was sitting up on the Wall now and had regained consciousness. Cordelia watched Eren stare at the Colossal Titan as it approached closer.

Thank goodness... We still have a chance, She thought to herself.

Suddenly, in one fell swoop, she watched as Eren's Titan's footing lost balance as it came crashing to the hard ground on the other side of the Wall.

"NO!" Cordelia cried out from a distance. She heard him hit the ground hard from her location on the other side of the Wall.

"Cordelia!" Levi called, breaking her concentration, "Stay close to me!"

Cordelia snapped her attention back on Levi who was ultra-focused on slashing the napes of the Titans. He moved rapidly as Cordelia struggled to keep up. She clenched her jaw tight but knew she didn't have a choice.

"Argh!" She vented her frustration on the Titan's napes she slashed as she panted. Her strength was leaving her body as she glanced ahead and saw how far in the distance the four-legged Titan had gotten.

Cordelia glanced slightly next to her at the Wall they were quickly approaching.

We're close to the Wall now, she thought as she saw the ash and smoke rising in the distance from the other side.

Turning her attention back to her task, she glared at her target.

One more Titan... Just a little longer...

Cordelia clenched her teeth as she used her last remaining strength to slice the nape of the Titan.

Exhausted, she looked up at Levi who was already in close distance to the four-legged Titan as it climbed over the Wall.

"Wa...Wait...!" She attempted to call out to Levi.

The four-legged Titan crossed over the Wall. Levi landed firmly right where it took off a few seconds later. 

Cordelia quickly used her last bit of ODM gas to catch up and land clumsily next to Levi.

"Ugh..." She said as she fell to her knees, panting.

Levi seemed to suddenly remember that Cordelia was with him. He was slightly surprised to see her and snapped out of his angered trance.

"Cordelia!" He said as he bent down to her level and put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine, just go... go kill that bastard!" She said between breaths.

Levi remembered how he promised Erwin that he'd keep Cordelia safe no matter what. He hesitated slightly and put pressure on the grip on her shoulder.

"I..." He began but was interrupted by the sound of the four-legged Titan moving in on a building.

Levi and Cordelia's eyes grew wide. The Titan was approaching... survivors! There was hope. They weren't the only ones.

"Levi," Cordelia put her hand on his that gripped her shoulder. She had Titan blood staining her face and was covered in filth and sweat. Her ponytail had fallen out and revealed her messy long blonde hair. 

"Go," She said with a sad smile.

Levi closed his eyes and stood up fiercely. 

"I'll be right back," He said firmly as he took off to assist his comrades, "I'll send someone to you so stay here!"