Traitor

The next few days dragged on to Cordelia. She got back into her same routine with her squad. Nobody dared to ask her about the estranged rumor that circled the ears of the Military Police involving her and Captain Levi. But, she did receive a lot of interesting looks and mumbles when she walked by. 

She ignored them, pretending as nothing had happened.

Aside from her work as a soldier, she was pent up in her room doing nothing but research. She tried to find what she could about Lord Reiss and why the Interior was after Historia and Eren. She rented a book from the library about the history of the noble families within the Walls. While Lord Reiss' name was listed, there was nothing documented about him. Cordelia found this information peculiar. 

Why was the Reiss family so noble if they weren't known for anything? She bit her lip in frustration, fearing that she found a dead end.

She sighed and flopped onto her desk. It was late. Letters from Erwin and Levi stopped coming due to their fear of getting caught. For the first time in a while, she felt extremely lonely. She gazed at the open window next to her desk. She lay on her desk with her head on her arms. 

Levi... I hope you're safe right now... She silently thought as she looked towards the sky. 

~~~

On the other side of the country, miles and miles away, Levi sat on the front porch steps of the house they were hiding away at, a cup of tea in his hands. He looked towards the stars, a feeling of emptiness upon him. 

"Can't sleep, Levi?" 

He turned around and sighed at the sight of Hange who smiled warmly at him.

"A lot on my mind," He mumbled.

Hange sat next to him, uninvited. 

"At least it's a nice night out tonight," Hange tried to lighten the mood.

"Yeah... It is," Levi said as he gazed up at the moon, "What are you doing up?" He asked.

"I'm about to head to Stohess. Best to travel at night given the circumstances. I've got to do some digging about Pastor Nick's death... It just doesn't sit right... And the two Military Police members who were guarding the crime scene was especially suspicious..." 

Levi flicked his eyes towards Hange, "Stohess?"

Hange nodded, "I'm going to see if I can reach Cordelia somehow and see if she has any updates. You guys leave for Trost tomorrow, don't you?" 

Levi nodded.

"Good. I hope the plan works the way it's supposed to. We can't afford to have Historia or Eren captured, especially now." 

"Yeah..." Levi felt himself get sidetracked. He cleared his throat, "Hange," He said.

"Hm? What's up?"