Worth Fighting For

Trost

After arriving in the Survey Corps barracks and base in Trost, Cordelia was escorted to the medical bay where she would be staying until she was given the proper clearance after her wounds healed. She was looked at quickly by the Survey Corps medic then made herself as comfortably as she could on the cot.

Erwin arrived in Trost not long after and came to visit her.

Knock. Knock.

"You can come in!" Cordelia called from the room.

The door creaked open as Erwin, with his swollen face, entered the room. Cordelia sat upright in the cot and watched as her brother entered the room. He stood tall next to the cot, staring at her as she smiled up at him. She was just happy they would be seeing each other more often. 

"Glad you made it safely," Erwin said as he examined his sister's comfortable position in the cot.

Cordelia nodded, "Took you long enough to get here," She teased, "Come sit!" She gestured on the cot, indicating for him to take a seat.

Erwin chuckled and sat on the edge of her cot.

"So," Cordelia began, "Now what's the plan? Have you heard any sort of updates on the rescue? Anything on Levi?" Cordelia hoped Erwin had something or anything that indicated Levi was alive.

"Nothing yet," He shook his head, "But I received a report from our bird, Rita. Hange is on the lookout for Levi and his squad to inform them of the coup's success. That way, they won't have to be in hiding anymore now that the Military Police have been relieved of their mission to capture the Scouts."

Cordelia nodded, feeling slightly disappointed at the lack of news on Levi.

"I see..." 

Erwin softened his expression, "Don't worry. Nothing will happen to Levi. You said it yourself, you have faith in him. Have faith in Hange as well." 

Cordelia looked down at her lap, disappointed by the lack of news she had on Levi.

"...Yeah, I know... I shouldn't doubt him, I'm sorry," Cordelia said apologetically. 

"Nothing to be sorry for... If anything," Erwin sighed deeply, looking away from his sister, "I'm the one who should be apologizing..."

Cordelia's head shot up. She faced Erwin.

"Huh? Why are you sorry?" She looked at Erwin with confusion at his reluctance to face her.

"I... put you in danger-- The worst thing I could have ever done. I almost lost you. Again. And it would have been all my fault... I was way too involved in our goal... I was so selfish..." Erwin said sheepishly.

He finally turned and looked at Cordelia. Her large blue eyes were staring back at Erwin's, a look of trying to comprehend his words was written on her face. 

Erwin continued, "I hope you can forgive me. If not now, then fine. I can wait. However long it takes. I'll make it up to you and do everything I can to prove to you how important you are to me. I won't dare to involve you in something so dangerous ever again, not for my own selfish desires."

Cordelia stared at Erwin whose eyes and face wore a sight of grief and guilt. 

A small, soft, smile appeared on her face.

"I think you're misunderstanding something..." She began, cocking her head to one side. Erwin's facial expression slightly changed from a grief-stricken one to a confused one.