Emotions

Trost

Levi sighed as he watched the sunset take over the sky from the window in his bedroom. He sat in a large armchair that was more comfortable than his own bed. He crossed his one good arm across his chest and leaned his head back. His thoughts were full of his regretful words he spoke to Cordelia earlier that day. 

Why couldn't I have just worded it better? I was just trying to protect her... He clenched his eyes as he cringed at the conversation that played over in his head.

By now he wouldn't be surprised if the whole Survey Corps heard about how terrible he was to the poor injured woman. Everyone already knew Levi was an asshole-- but to Commander Erwin's sister? 

Geez.

"I'm a fool," He sighed.

Knock. Knock.

Levi raised an eyebrow and groaned at the thought of having guests with how shitty he felt at the current moment.

"What?" He snarled, "Is it important?" 

"It's me, Levi," Erwin's voice resonated on the other side of the door, "Open the door." 

Great. Erwin's here to lecture me.

Levi sighed and slowly got up from his seat to open the door. 

The door creaked open as Levi was met by Erwin and Hange in front of him. Erwin's face stared down at him in annoyance while Hange looked agitated and reluctant to face him. 

Annnd even Hange knows how much of an asshole I was to Cordelia. Could this get any worse?

Levi held an unwelcoming expression as he stared up at them.

"What do you want?" Levi hissed, "Are you here to lecture me? Look I know I--"

"We came to talk to you," Erwin said as he stepped past Levi to enter the room, slightly pushing him out of the way. 

Erwin was irritated by Levi's tantrum in Cordelia's room but in a way, he could understand the frustration. He knew his best way of thinking was as a Commander and to not let emotions get involved as much as possible. Even if the matter involved his sister.

"Tch," Levi rolled his eyes, "I'm not really in the mood."

Hange followed Erwin into the room. Erwin took a seat on one of Levi's armchairs. Hange stood next to him.

"I know that," Erwin made himself comfortable, "But we need to start thinking about our next moves here so we can take back Shiganshina."

Levi stared at him in disbelief.

I thought he was just going to lecture me on what happened earlier

I thought he was just going to lecture me on what happened earlier...How does he not care about that...? Some 'Big Brother'...

"...I suppose you're right," Levi replied casually as he stared at Erwin, trying to figure out his intent. He glanced over at Hange who refused to look at Levi. He shifted his weight and put his hand on his hip, "Do we have any leads so far?"