Chapter Seventeen

@mlepexe I'm dedicating this chapter to you because your comments always have me dying of laughter

Nikko

I could feel Shoto tense behind me, so I leaned back against him, trying to offer him comfort. I didn't want to start this visit with animosity and I knew he felt the need to defend me. Mitsu's words stung, but it wasn't anything I hadn't expected. Her visit was a complete surprise to me, but I knew when she found out she'd be pissed.  She hadn't really forgiven me the first time, when she found out I was pregnant with Shoyo.

It was all stupid alpha bullshit. She didn't even care about Shoto, she was just mad that I'd succeeded at something she hadn't.  Her pride was just hurt that he'd slept with me and not her. As far as I knew they'd never done more than kiss the whole time they were together. It was something I'd overheard her complaining to Harmoni about.

"Mitsu,  if you could move out of the way, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to get dressed in my own clothes, if that's ok with you."

Her eyes narrowed at me and I knew that meant she was going to be difficult. She was a typical alpha even if she tried to put on a different face with our parents. She was one of those alphas who thought omegas weren't as good as alphas. It was very sad that those sentiments extended to her family as well.

"What's the matter little kitten? Embarrassed for everyone to know what you were up to? Well I've got news for you, brother, you're not old enough to be fucking if you can't handle people finding out."

Shoto grabbed my arm and pushed me behind him as he got in my sisters face and stared her down. I grabbed the back of his shirt, hoping there wouldn't be a physical altercation.

"Mitsu! Listen here you little b-!"

"Shoto! Just drop it. Please."

I could tell he wanted to keep going, and while I was grateful,  I really didn't to start the day with a huge fight. But at least she moved out of the way. I heaved a sigh of relief when she headed to the kitchen where everyone else's voices. Well crap. I'd have to get dressed quickly so she didn't have time to say too much about me. I dragged Shoto upstairs with me, as I didn't feel right leaving him to face my father alone. I was sure he'd be a little upset. But I was an adult damnit! I could sleep with someone if I wanted to.

Shoto sat on my bed, fists clenched while I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. When I was changed and had brushed my hair, I went to Shoto and stood between his knees. I hugged him and pet his hair, trying to calm him down.

"I know that your first instinct will be to protect me. But I need you to control it. She won't say anything worse than what she already has. Not with my dad in the room. She'll behave with him around. And even if she doesn't, I can take it. She's my sister. She wont physically hurt me."

He sighed and slowly started to relax. He looked up at me and hugged me tight.

"I wont make any promises, Nikko. I don't like how she talked to you. But I'll try to stay calm."

"Thank you. That's all that I ask. Now come on, I know at least one person will be happy to see us."

I took a deep breath to calm myself then walked hand and hand with Shoto into the kitchen. As expected, we were met with silence as soon as we were noticed. My dad was giving me a sly look and I hoped like hell he wasn't going to say anything embarrassing. My father and Mitsu were both glaring at Shoto while Harmoni gave me an impassive look. Avalyn was absent which could mean anything. As the only beta in the family, she mostly kept to herself. Shoyo was the only one smiling at us.

"Mama! Papa!"

He always warmed my heart. I walked over to him and gave him a hug in his high chair and was treated to a sticky chocolatey kiss. I kissed the top of his head then ruffled his hair.