Chapter Twenty-Four

Todoroki

Nikko smiled at me in thanks as I handed him a mug of ginger tea. I sat down next to him on the couch and lifted his legs onto my lap so I could massage his feet. He'd been feeling sick lately and his feet were always swollen. My poor omega. He wasn't even far along, yet.

"Was it like this the first time?"

He shook his head and gave me a grateful look.

"No, it was worse. Being around you helps."

Worse? I looked at him in shock. Why would omegas agree to this? I couldn't imagine being sick every day or not having the energy to do the things I wanted. Not to mention the emotional roller coaster from hormones or the sore body. I was glad to be an alpha.

"I'm surprised you wanted more kids, if it was worse than this the first time."

"Well, just look at Shoyo. You can't tell me its not worth a little suffering so I could have him."

I knew what he meant. Shoyo was laying on the floor, little feet kicking behind him, as he focused on coloring. I couldn't tell what the scribbles were, but he was smiling widely, and that was good enough for me.

"You're right. He's worth it. But I hate that you have to suffer even a little."

He reached out and stroked my cheek, smiling softly.

"I'd suffer worse if it meant that you and Shoyo never had to suffer."

"Good thing it will never come to that."

I kissed his palm and went back to rubbing his feet. Nikko sighed and relaxed back into the couch to sip his tea, quietly watching our son. Shoyo suddenly squealed, then jumped up and held up his piece of paper.

"Ta-da!"

I glanced over at Nikko to see if he knew what it was supposed to be. I didn't want to hurt our son's feelings by trying to ask what it was supposed to be. He grinned at him and set his tea on the coffee table.

"It's beautiful sweetie. Come closer so mama can see it better."

Shoyo giggled and came over to crawl into his lap. He held up the brightly colored picture with two circles. Even up close, I still had no clue what it was supposed to be.

"See mama. Shoyo and baby play."

Nikko smiled and hugged him kissing all over his face and making him laugh and squirm.

"You are the sweetest boy. Mama loves you so much."

"Shoyo love mama, too!"

My heart squeezed, watching them. This was my family. I'd do anything to keep them safe.

"Shoyo, cuddle with papa while I go make dinner."

"Why don't we go out tonight instead? You can call your parents and see if they will watch Shoyo, and we'll go on a date."

Nikko smiled and pulled out his phone, then frowned.

"Shoot. Its Thursday. They had that police ball thing for my father."

My need to provide outweighed my annoyance in that moment and I let out a sigh.

"Call Yuno, and see if he wouldn't mind watching him then."

Nikko smiled widely and Shoyo bounced around, screaming at the top of his lungs. Glad they were so happy about it. I still didn't like him, but he'd never been anything but good to my omega and son. He hadn't given me a reason to hate him, aside from existing. But if it made my son and Nikko happy, it wouldn't kill me to start being nicer to the idiot.