24. bruises

TW; This chapter contains the talk of abuse

You: Draco, what are you doing back here? You should be home.
Draco: I did go home. My father and I talked and I came back.
You: How long have you been back for?
Draco: An hour or so.

He stands up to walk over to you but you notice him wince and grab his bed post. You walk over to him and sit him down, before lightly lifting up his sweatshirt to see bruises all up his chest and abdomen. A gasp escapes your mouth as the bruises look brand new with a green yellow color surrounding the purple and red. Draco drops his head back as you let go of his sweatshirt and fall to your knees, your jaw opened still in shock.

You: Draco, did- did he do this to you?

Draco doesn't say anything and continues to stare at the ceiling, not looking at you.

You: Draco, goddammit answer me!

Draco quickly looks at you as he hears the crack in your voice. Tears begin to from under your eyes as he looks down at his fingers and begins twisting them, he's nervous.

You: Draco...

He looks at you as your tears fall down your face. He closes his eyes and shakes his head, yes. You cover your mouth with your hand as you begin to cry harder.

Draco: No, baby, come here.

He holds out his hands and pulls you up to sit beside him on the bed. He moves his hands to your cheeks, wiping away the tears.

Draco: Darling, I'm okay, really.
You: Do not lie to me, Malfoy.
Draco: I'm not-
You: Then move.
Draco: What?
You: If you're okay, then move.

He stares into your eyes before attempting to stand up. He winces and has to grab the bedpost to hold himself up. He lets go and attempts to walk, trying to move his body, but fails.

Draco: Fuck...

He falls back onto the bed and you look at him. He covers his face with his big hands, hiding himself.

You: Draco, look at me.

He shakes his head no. You begin to get mad so you take his hands away from his face, but he looks away from you trying to hide. You release one of his hands and grab his cheek to turn his face, he clenches his jaw, fighting hard against you.

You: Draco...look at me, love.

He unclenches his jaw and lets out a sigh before turning his head to look at you. His tear stained cheeks and blood-shot eyes staring at your face. You look at him and rub your thumb on his cheek before slowly leaning into him, softly placing your lips onto his. He softly kisses you back, moving his hands to your waist to pull you closer to him. He winces against your lips and you kiss him again before pulling away.

You: Why do you feel the need to hide?
Draco: I don't want you to see me as weak. I'm not weak. I just...couldn't fight back.

You rub his cheek with your thumb, pouting your lip.

You: You're not weak. Far from it actually. You are nothing, but strong.

You see him form a smile on his lips slightly before looking down at you, his eyes beginning to fill with tears. He drops his head on your shoulder and begins to cry. You wrap your arms around him to pull him close to you, letting his tears fall on your shoulder.

Draco: I'm so sorry, Ana. I- I wanted to...
You: I know.

He lets out sobs as you hug him. After a while he begins to calm down, his breathing begins to slow as his sobs stop. He slowly picks his head up and looks at you. The bags under his eyes puffy and his eyes bloodshot. You wipe the remaining tears off of his cheeks as one starts to form in your eyes. He lifts up a hand and wipes it away.

You: Awe, my baby.

He lets out a sigh before looking down at you and what you're wearing. He smirks and looks back up to your face.

Draco: Where were you, darling?
You: Alice threw a Christmas Eve party downstairs. It's still going on. It probably won't end 'till 3am.
Draco: I see. Stand up for me. Give me a twirl.

You raise a brow but oblige standing up in front of him.
"His mood swings are going to give me a fucking whiplash."
He spins you around looking at every detail of your dress.

Draco: Did any fucker touch you. Or even look at you. Or-

You cut him off by placing your hands on his cheeks.

You: No one touched me.

He smiles a little before looking at you again.

Draco: You look beautiful.
You: Thank you.

He smiles and pulls you back down to sit.

Draco: Anything interesting happen at this party.
You: Erm, no. The party was kind of boring without you.
Draco: Well, I'm here now. I'm not leaving until we have to for summer. Hell, I don't think I even want to go back.
You: May I ask, what happened?

He sighs and nods his head slowly, saying yes.

Draco: Oh, I saw that question coming.

You sit there and wait for him to begin talking. He sighs and looks down at his fingers, fiddling with his rings.

Draco: When I arrived, mother was so happy to see me, smiling and hugging me. She then told me that father had something urgent to talk about and that he was in his study. So I went to go talk to him and he didn't even smile when he saw me. He started talking about the business, of course, and how he wanted me to join. But then I denied him and he got furious. He asked me why and I told him because I wanted to wait and graduate first. He started yelling and cursing at me that it was my duty to start now, but I just told him no. That's when he started...hitting me with his cane and knocking me to the ground. He started kicking me hard causing me to be unable to breathe. He then said that we would talk about it later and he sent me to my room. I quickly ran back outside before apologizing to my mother and I evaporated back here.

You sit there in shock. You move your hands to your stomach, holding it, at the horrible story. Draco notices and grabs your hands and kisses your knuckles. You try and form a smile but fail, causing him to frown. He pulls you into him and wraps his arms around you as you lay your head on his shoulder.

You: That's horrible, Draco. I'm so sorry.
Draco: You shouldn't apologize. He's been like that my whole life, I've just gotten used to it.

You pick your head up and look at him.

You: You shouldn't be used to it, Draco. No one should ever be used to it.

"Or be through it. No, don't think about it. Don't think about it."
He frowns and nods.

Draco: I know. But, lets not think about that, look it's almost midnight, and tomorrow will be a happier day now, because I can spend it with my girl. I can't wait for you to open your gifts.

He smiles causing you to raise a brow at him.

Draco: Don't worry I didn't spend a fortuned. Only a little.

You raise your brow more and he sighs and rolls his eyes.

Draco: Fine, I spent a lot, okay! Fucking hell.

You laugh and place a kiss on his cheek. He smiles and looks into your eyes causing you to melt. You wrap your arms around his neck as he puts a hand on your waist and the other on your cheek.

Draco: I love you, darling.
You: I love you, too.

He leans forward and places his lips onto yours, passionately kissing you. In the distance you hear his alarm clock beep, telling you its midnight. You smile under his lips as he continues to passionately kiss you.

It's good luck to kiss someone you love at midnight on Christmas Eve.