57. the mark

TW: Self-harm.
Draco:
I drop his wand in shock.

I just killed Headmaster Dumbledore.

Bellatrix begins dancing around and laughing as Snape pulls me away and down the stairs of the astronomy tower. He pulls me all the way back to the vanishing cabinet, shoving me in. I walk out of the one in Borgin and Burke's as Snape follows behind me. He grabs my arm and apparates back to the old building we were in yesterday.

What did I just do?

Bellatrix appears next to me before she runs into the building, still prancing around. Snape lets go of my arm and leaves me there, standing in shock. My feet begin to drag towards the building, up the stairs and into the meeting room. Everyone is already in there, including Bellatrix and Snape.

Voldemort: Draco, how nice of you to join us.

I ignore him and sit down next to mother, her face full of worry.

Narcissa: Are you alright, Draco?

Yeah I'm fine. I just killed Headmaster Dumbledore just a few minutes ago. I'm so fine.

Voldemort: I'm guessing your silence means you succeeded, yes?

I don't respond and just nod. He smiles his wicked grin and stands up as he pulls his wand from his black robe. He walks over to me as his snake slithers up his chair and onto the table.

Voldemort: Draco, stand please.

Mother has to shake me to take me out of my shock. I gulp and turn towards his evil looking grin. I oblige and stand, turning towards him.

Voldemort: You have proven your loyalty to me. Pull up your left arms sleeve.

I gulp as my right hand pulls up my jackets sleeve past my elbow. Voldemort smiles down at me before he waves his wand and mutters a few words. I watch as a dark figure begins to fade on my arm. The faded figure turns into a skull with a snake slithering out of it's open mouth.

Voldemort: The mark of...well, me.

I stare down at the brand new mark on my arm. The one I have been dreading to receive.

This is my brand.

Voldemort: Welcome to the powerful side, Draco. You deserve it.

I look up at him and lean closer so only he can hear me.

Draco: And our deal?
Voldemort: She's safe...

He smirks which sends an awful chill up my spine.

Voldemort: ...for now.

I gulp.

Great.

He walks back over to his chair and sits just as I do. The meeting drags on and on as I stare at the mark on my arm. When it is finally over, everyone stands up and leaves just as Voldemort adds one more thing that takes me out of my trance.

Voldemort: Severus, you know what to do with him.
Snape: Of course, my lord.

Mother taps my shoulder to take me away from their conversation.