69. deep in the woods

TW: This chapter talks about self-harm

After all the celebrating and cheering, you all decide to set up camp. As Hermione sets up an invisible barrier, you, Harry, Ron and Cedric set up the tent. Once finished, you and Hermione begin setting up inside the tent while the boys make a fire and act like lunatics.

Hermione: Where should we put the beds?

You look around the enormous tent and decide to put the beds all near each other just in case.

Hermione: Can I ask you something Ana?

You set down the last bed and turn to her.

You: Yea, sure.

Hermione puts her wand into her pocket, choosing her words carefully.

Hermione: Are you okay that Cedric is here?
You: What do you mean?
Hermione: Well, Harry told me about how you two broke up. About how he...

She turns to listen to the boys wrestling outside before she leans in close.

Hermione: ...cheated on you with Cho.
You: Oh, that.
Hermione: We don't have to talk about it I just wanted to...
You: No it's okay, really.

You sigh and sit down on the couch, placing yours hands on your lap. As you stare at your hands, Hermione gently sits down next to you.

You: I honestly haven't talked to anyone about it. Like really talked about it.
Hermione: Not even Alice?

You shake your head.

You: She was just starting to become invested in Blaise, I wanted her to be happy.
Hermione: Well, you can talk to me about it, if you'd like. After all...

You lift your head and turn to her, a small smile appears on her face.

Hermione: Just two girls in the tent is going to be rough, so we should stick together to keep us sane.

You nod and laugh as you turn to look back at your hands when you notice you still have Draco's plain black ring on your finger. You didn't wear any of his other jewelry because it was all too expensive to wear but you kept his simple black ring on.

You: When I saw Cedric kiss Cho, it brought back slight memories of what happened with...

You struggle for his name, but can't seem to find it for your parents took away the memories of him.

Hermione: Jacob?

You turn to her, as if that name is familiar.

You: What?
Hermione: Jacob was his name. Jacob Maine. I remember when you came home that morning. Harry called me and was acting frantic. I helped your parents take away your memory of him that day for I knew the spell like I know the back of my hand.

"Jacob Maine?" Jacob."

You: Well, if that was his name, then yeah. I remember he would kiss other girls as if I wasn't there and it hurt me inside but he said it was all fun and games. So when I saw Cedric do it, I just lashed out.
Hermione: And how do you feel with seeing him now?
You: He's my friend. He's owned up to what he's done and he still cares for me. He's proved himself to me. And even if he still has feelings for me, I'll always love him as a friend.

Hermione smiles and grabs your hand, giving it a slight squeeze just as the boys walk into the tent. They're covered in mud and leaves with big dorky smiles on their faces. You and Hermione look at each other and laugh.

Cedric: Ron's a pussy.
Ron: Am not!
Harry: Eh...
Ron: Oh piss off Harry.
You: Well, you all certainly had fun out there.
Hermione: Looks like it....