Woah, It's Saturday Night

When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath, I'ma stick it out 'til the end

~~~

"What you doing, B?" Spencer walked into the living room to see Brendon wrapped in a blanket, scribbling fiercely into a notebook. He quickly snapped the book shut and looked up at Spencer.

"Oh, hey Spence. I didn't know you were home." Spencer chuckled and threw off his jacket.

"I just got back. What were you writing?" Brendon looked down at his lap with a blush. Spencer couldn't help to snicker at the reaction. "You wouldn't happen to be writing about a certain someone now, would you?" Brendon clutched the book close to his chest, eyes staying down and his face only getting more red. Spencer sat beside Brendon and pushed him with the side of his shoulder, giving out a laugh.

"God, you've turned into such a softie."

"Shut up," Brendon muttered.

"Do I get to see?" Brendon shook his head.

"What? Why not? I thought I was your best friend."

"You are. I just don't want anyone to see."

"Fine," Spencer pouted. "Is it a song?"

"Maybe." Spencer grinned and leaned back on the couch. He crossed his arms behind his head and looked up at the ceiling. He let out a soft content sigh at the fact that Brendon was writing more. The brief thought came to his mind that maybe this would change things.

"No fair," he let out casually. "Why do artists always write about their lovers? What about the best friends? We deserve songs dedicated to us too." Brendon laughed and leaned back next to his friend.

"How do you know I haven't already written something for you?"

"Really?!" Spencer shot up straight and turned to the other. "Show me!" Brendon bit his lip to contain his laughter. "You're such a liar," Spencer huffed in disappointment, his posture slouching forward. 

"Sorry bud."

"You know what, you owe me a song." Brendon nodded with a smile.

"Alright."

"I mean it. You can't leave unless I get my song and I want it to be fast. No, slow! And maybe have some awesome guitar in the chorus. No never mind, I want it to be played on the piano." Brendon nodded along as Spencer kept throwing suggestions at him only to change his mind and give a complete opposite idea.

"I miss you," Brendon eventually said, cutting off Spencer's endless ideas. He turned to his friend with a confused look on his face.

"What do you mean? We're always together whenever Ryan isn't around." Brendon shrugged and looked away.

"I know. It's just," he stopped to let out a soft sigh. "Ever since Ryan found out, we haven't spent any real time together." Spencer gave a sad smile, but didn't deny the fact.

"It's alright." Brendon shook his head. "It is. With everything happening, I understand. It's not like you're gone yet anyway." Brendon let out a small sniffle.

"But we're running out of time." Spencer couldn't look at Brendon, knowing that his emotions would get the better of him if he did.

"Let's do something today then. You and me, just like old times." Brendon perked up at the suggestion.

"What did you have in mind?" Spencer thought for a moment before a wide smile spread over his face.

"Well... It is Saturday." Brendon jumped to his feet, or well he tried but it ended up looking like slowly steady moves in his weakened body.