A.E. First Treatment

(One week later)

"Ryan."

Ryan moved to Brendon's side and grabbed hold of his hand. "Yes, babe?

Brendon's gaze moved from the nurse finshing setting up his IV. Ryan watched fear gloss over Brendon's eyes and noticed a lump slide down his throat.

"I'm scared," Brendon whispered, barely able to keep his voice even.

Ryan gripped both his hands onto Brendon's and pressed a kiss to the back of his hand.

"I'm right here. There's nothing to be afraid of."

Brendon nodded, now keeping his eyes locked with Ryan's.

"Alright Brendon," the nurse said. "I'm gonna start your IV now."

Brendon whispered a soft 'okay.' Ryan's gaze shifted to the liquid coming down the long tube into the needle sticking from Brendon's left hand. He felt Brendon's grip tighten and shifted his attention back.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked. It shouldn't hurt. These things should be painless during administration, so if he was feeling discomfort, the nurse did something wrong.

"No," Brendon groaned. "Just feels... weird." 

Ryan let out a sigh of relief.

"I'll be back to check on you in a bit," the nurse said before leaving the two to themselves.

Brendon sighed and leaned back in his chair, staring up at the ceiling. "I wish Spencer was here," he said after a minute of silence. "Not that I don't enjoy your company." He chuckled. "It's just he's been waiting for this and it sucks that I can't have him here with me today."

"I'm sure he'd be here if he could. Know that he's supporting you from work all the same."

"I know."

"And he already told me that he's gonna help take you to appointments too. So you won't miss out on annoying him in your own special way," Ryan joked.

Brendon turned his head to look over at Ryan, head still leaning back against the chair. "You're right."

"Of course I am. I'm Dr. Ryan Ross. I'm rarely wrong."

Brendon smiled and leaned forward for a kiss. Ryan reciprocated and once they separated, they pressed their foreheads together. Brendon's eyes fluttered shut.

"Everything's going to be okay. Trust me."

"Okay," Brendon said with a smile.

"Good. Keep that smile. It's my favorite." 

Brendon clenched his teeth together in a box smile and opened his eyes, crossing them immediately. Ryan pulled back laughing and gave Brendon's shoulder a gentle nudge.

"I love you. You know that?"

Brendon relaxed his face into his natural smile. "I love you too."

___

A/N:

Short, but I wanted to get a chapter out. I already started writing a couple chapters ahead, so I'm hoping to update soon. I'm going to try to update once, maybe twice, a week so I have time to write and there isn't so much time in between updates. Once I get a schedule set, I'll let y'all know! (Or just make multiple updates randomly..)

Also! Life update, I officially got a big girl job! Hella nervous and wish I wasn't an adult. I also got a short story published in a magazine at my university just before graduation and I just got a copy of the magazine!

Anyway!

Just a reminder that you are important, you are loved and you are worthy ❤️

~Jazz