A. E. Hold On Part 2

I don't wanna let go
I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying, "Baby, let's go home"
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home

~~~

"Ryan, you need to go home and get some rest," Gerard said from the door. He was in his casual clothes, a loose shirt and some skinny jeans. He'd come in every now and then to check up on the couple. The upside of all this was that Ryan was finally using his PTO that he'd been accumulating. Too bad he was still spending that time in the hospital.

It'd been a couple days since Brendon passed out and it was hard enough to get Ryan to leave the room to go to the bathroom, let alone have him leave the hospital. They were told Brendon was as okay as he could be in his situation. They were just waiting for him to wake up now.

Ryan held on tightly to Brendon's hand, watching the man's sleeping face. "I'm okay."

"Spencer offered to stay till you got back. We promise, Brendon won't be alone when he wakes up."

Ryan wanted to be the one to be there though. He wanted to be the one to watch Brendon finally open his eyes again. He'd been told countless times by the doctor, nurses and friends that he should be waking up any minute now, but he wanted to see it himself.

"I'm okay," he repeated.

Gerard sighed and patted Ryan's shoulder. "If you insist. Call me if you need anything though."

Ryan nodded and watched Gerard leave the room. He turned back to Brendon and pulled the man's hand to his mouth. He planted a soft kiss on it and held it tightly to his chest.

"Wake up baby. Please."

~

"Dude! You need a shower."

Ryan was bent over the bed, head resting on his crossed arms and eyes closed. He jerked up at the sound of Spencer's voice. His eyelids drooped with exhaustion.

"I'm fine," Ryan said rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"C'mon. We don't need you to end up in a hospital bed next to him. Go home, take a shower and get some rest. He'll be here when you get back.

"I'm -"

"I don't care if you're fine. Go. You know Brendon wouldn't like seeing you do this to yourself. Think about how overwhelmed he's gonna be waking up in the hospital. Last thing he needs is to be smelling your stinky ass."

Ryan grumbled a 'fine' and stood up. He looked over at Brendon and caressed the man's cheek. He leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on his boyfriend's forehead.

"I'll be back," he whispered, not standing straight just yet.

"He'll be okay," Spencer reassured. 

Ryan finally stood up and nodded. "I hope so."

"He's a tough one. Just take care of yourself first then come back. I'll keep your seat warm."

Ryan nodded and hesitantly made his way over to the door. He paused at the threshold and glanced over his shoulder. 

"You're stalling. He'll be okay. I promise," Spencer said with a smile.

Ryan managed a weak smile and finally left. Spencer looked over at Brendon and his smile dropped.

"Don't make me a liar now. You hear."

~~~

A/N:

So apparently this story is eligible for the Watty's? What do you guys think? Should I submit?