A. E. Hold On

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

---

"Babe? Can you open the door please?" Ryan knocked on the door and pressed an ear against the wood, listening for any movement on the other side.

Brendon bent over the sink while the facet was running cold water. He pooled water into his hands a splashed it onto his face. He panted softly suddenly feeling out of breath. A sharp pain resonated in his head. He groaned and clutched the side of his head. He squeezed his eyes shut as the pain began spreading down his body. When it finally dulled, he opened his eyes and found himself wobbling, unable to stay balanced.

"Something's not right," he mumbled.

"Babe? C'mon. Let me in," Ryan said from the other side of the door.

Brendon turned to make his way over to the entrance of the bathroom but instead staggered side to side. He was slouched forward, trying to keep his center of gravity low for better control. The room felt as if it where twisting and turning around him. He fumbled forward until he eventually fell onto his hands and knees.

Ryan frowned when he heard Brendon's hands smack onto the tiled floor during his landing. "Bren, you okay?" He jiggled the doorknob, finding it locked. Panic began to settle in as he thought the uncertainty of the situation on the other side of the door. "Brendon!" He knocked, now just hoping for any kind of response.

Brendon leaned forward, pressing his head on the cool tile. He let out a weak breath, his lungs not wanting to cooperate fully. He mumbled Ryan's name but it was too soft to hear.

"Brendon," Spencer's voice joined Ryan's. The knob began jiggling again, refusing to open. "Answer us. Please."

Brendon's body relaxed until he was fully pressed to the ground. He tried to look up at the door but his head felt too heavy now. His breathing came more labored, not allowing any words to come out anymore. He could do nothing but listen to the frantic voices trying to get to him.

If he listened closely enough, he could hear a faint '1, 2, 3 ' followed by a loud thump. Then again. And again only this time with wood cracks mixed with the thud.

His vision because to blur around the edges and Brendon grew tired of trying to keep his eyes open. All he had strength to do was listen. Listen to the water still running next to him. Listen to the voices now shouting. Listen to the thumping.

Finally, the wood cracking stopped with a slam as it gave way to the consistent ramming done by two grown men. Footsteps rushing into the bathroom and straight to his side. Brendon wanted to move, wanted to look up at his friend and boyfriend and let them know he was really okay, but he wasn't. He couldn't. He could only lay there, helpless.

"Bren."

Brendon felt his body get pulled against someone chest. He managed to clear his vision enough to see Ryan's face. The man looked beyond worried, eyebrows pressed together, worry lines covering his forehead, eyes swimming with panic. He was panting from forcing the door open.

"What's wrong? Talk to me baby. Please." Ryan was gripping at Brendon's body, pulling him impossibly close.

Brendon wanted to talk, but he couldn't get his lips to form anything other than a straight line. His body grew numb and he was needing to fight hard to keep his eyes open now. They started blinking close as the energy was fleeting his body.

"No, no, no. Stay with me baby." Ryan started to lightly shake Brendon's body. Brendon's body went limp in his arms. Tears immediately pooled in his eyes. "Baby wake up. I don't like this. Wake up," he pleaded.