Coffee Date... Kinda

I really wish it was only me and you

---

Ryan led Brendon down to the hospital cafeteria. Brendon glanced around, mainly seeing nurses and doctors grabbing a snack and talking amongst themselves.

"This kinda reminds me of high school," Brendon said jokingly. Ryan looked down at Brendon, chuckling at the comment.

"In a way, it kinda is I guess." Brendon looked up confused, silently asking for clarification. "After so many years of only going  to school, most of us lack basic social skills that aren't in the doctor patient context and never really had time for relationships. We might be intelligent," Ryan cut off when he noticed Brendon staring off at a doctor, face buried in a file and bumping into the wall on the other side of the room before successfully walking through the doorway. "Most of us might be intelligent, but we have similar social skills to high schoolers." Brendon chuckled softly.

"That must be interesting." Ryan went up to the counter with the coffee. He poured himself and Brendon a cup.

"Would you like something else? A muffin? Danish?" Brendon smiled and shook his head.

"I think I'm okay with the coffee." Ryan led them over to an empty table.

"How are you feeling," Ryan asked, unable to shake off his concern.

"I'm okay. Sorry about all the trouble I caused you."

"I work in a hospital. Believe me, you fainting was no trouble at all." Brendon looked down to hide his growing smile. "So," Ryan started. "How come you were out late at the bar?" Brendon chuckled.

"Safe to assume, doing the same thing you were," he finished with a smirk. "Is that a problem?"

"No problem. Just confused that you would need to do that."

"Why?"

"With someone as attractive as you, I'd think you'd already have a special someone waiting for you at home." Brendon bit his bottom lip, blushing slightly from Ryan's smooth voice.

"Haven't had a special someone in quite some time actually and I wouldn't exactly count my roommate to fit that category." Ryan found himself frowning. It wouldn't be hard for someone like Brendon to get a boyfriend, so why was he still be single? "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you're studying me. If you wanna know my secrets Ross, you're gonna have to get me more than just coffee."

"Would coffee get me the answer as to why someone as gorgeous as you is single?"

"I wouldn't say I'm gorgeous," Brendon mumbled. He continued before Ryan had a chance to object. "But some stuff happened recently that has left me boyfriendless." He sighed and shrugged. Ryan could sense a hint of uneasiness radiating through Brendon's calm stature. He didn't have the chance to question it as the empty chairs around them filled with his coworkers.

"Ryan, can you believe I have to deal with another crazy mother-in-law? Why do these women think their opinion and Google research is better than my degree?" Brendon read Tyler Joseph off the badge of the man that sat next to him. He was biting into an apple, huffing in annoyance as he chewed.

"Well at least you don't have someone refusing surgery on a brain tumor because they don't want to face the risks that come with the procedure. Jon was telling me he had a patient who was doing the same thing. Don't these people know no treatment is worse than treatment? Do they have some kind of death wish?" Brendon tensed slightly.

'Gerard Way,' Brendon read on the black haired man's badge clipped to his hip before he sat down beside Ryan. There was a laugh from the third person who was sitting at the head of the table.