Chapter 26: An Old Friend

As the war with Phantom continued Natsu had completed his fight with Gajeel and along with Happy started looking for the others. Mira along with Gray and Elfman were fighting Master Jose. Both Gray and Elfman were taken down leaving Mirajane to fend off Jose by herself.

"My, you fairy tail wizards are certainly unruly." Jose commented

"That's true but it's just how we are." Mirajane said entering a stance.

"Tell me, do you know what irks me about fairy tail the most? The fact that there are so many powerful wizards like yourself." He said while raising his fist up towards his face. "Who are aligned with Makarov."

Jose then flicked his finger and sent a shockwave flying towards Mira. She wasn't able to sense it and the attack sent her flying back into the wall.

"Since you can't be tempted to join phantom,there's only one way to change that." Jose said as multiple spheres of dark magic energy formed in front of his finger tips. One after another he sent them towards Mira and upon impact a smoke cloud formed. Mira could be seen jumping up through the smoke.

"Kill You!" Jose shouted as he sent a shock wave at Mira. Luckily she was able to dodge and tried getting closer to Jose so  she could attack. However Jose was keeping her at a distance by shooting multiple small dark energy blasts towards Mira forcing her to dodge.

"That'll send the old coot into a deep despair."Jose said with a sinister grin. "Imagine how he'll feel when he awakens to find his dear guild hall destroyed and his "Children" dead and gone. He'd be lost. Completely consumed by sorrow."

The dust around Mira started to settle and she was now visible to Jose. Hearing what he was saying fueled Mira with anger even more but she was careful not to lose her composure and have it affect her in a way that would make her attack him irrationally.

"Once he's been reduced to that miserable state, I can swoop in and kill him, but first I'll make him suffer. I'll torture him until he has no choice but to wither and die."

That statement pissed off Mira and she charged towards Jose throwing a punch his way.  When she did the sinister man disappeared. Mira was able to keep track over him and knew he reappeared a good distance behind her. Mira stood up completely and turned glaring daggers at Jose who wore a grin on his face.

"As long as I can remember, Phantom Lord has always been at the top. We have the most powerful wizards with the strongest spells. We also have more capital and more members than any other guild." Jose opened his eyes and looked towards Mira turning his smile to a frown. "However, recently Fairy tail has begun to catch up and our position as leader is in jeopardy."

"You can't be serious right now?" Mira said in disbelief at Jose's pettiness.

"The names Aiko, Erza, Laxus, Mira and Mystogan became widely known, and stories of salamander spread across the land like wildfire. Now Fairy tail and Phantom are considered equals; the top two guilds representing this kingdom. Some even believe that your guild is stronger than ours which is completely preposterous." Jose scoffed at that possibility "The thought disgusts me. I REFUSE to be acquainted with such a feeble guild!"

Mira continued glaring at Jose with her full body facing him "So you're actually serious. You hurt our members causing this war just because you were jealous of our strength?"

"Jealous? That's absurd." Jose replied "We simply wanted to prove to the kingdom that we are the dominant guild."

"What you just said proves my point. You were so Jealous of our strength that you started a fight that you are going to lose, all because you believe your guild is the strongest and wanted to maintain the top spot." Mira said, smirking while taunting Jose. "Well news flash you and your guild has already lost. Your Precious element Four are down along with that Black swordsman and Black steel Gajeel."