Chapter 8: A Time of Melancholy

Since the day Cana told Gildarts that she's his daughter the two of them have really bonded. Gildarts still goes on jobs but he spends sometime with Cana as well.

As time passed Natsu eventually joined the guild. He still didn't give up on finding Igneel though. One day he found and egg with blue markings on it somewhere in the east forest. Natsu along with Lisanna took care of the egg. Not soon after the egg hatched in the guild hall. What came out was a blue flying cat that they named happy.

Eventually the S class promotion trials came around and Laxus became an S class wizard. I never really talked to the guy but I can tell he was frustrated a lot. Then one day he came back from an S class job. I don't know what it was about but all I know is that when he came back Evergreen, Bickslow and Freed joined Fairy Tail and together they all formed a team called the Thunder God Tribe.

It's currently the year X779 and every thing is rather calm. I was still living with Alvis. I help her make the potions from time to time as well as taking care of the garden.

"Hey Grannie Al, me and Sen are heading to the guild now." I informed her "I plan on going on a job today to."

"Alright be careful." She responded.

"We will." Senan said.

We then left the house and went straight to the guild hall. I saw Gray, Cana, Lisanna and Elfman in a group talking.

"Hey guys what's up."

"Oh hey Akira, nothing much, we are just talking." Gray responded.

I then looked around. "Where are Erza and Mira?" I asked him.

"The two of them left on a job early this morning." Cana responded.

"Wait they're on a job together!" I shouted in shock

"I doubt it" Senan said

"No they're doing desperate jobs." Lisanna explained. "My sister wanted to have a race to see which one of them could finish their job first."

"Ok that makes more sense." I said "and where's Natsu?"

"He is also on a job." Elfman responded.

"I see. I was planning on going on a job as well." I said "Well I'll see you guys later."

I then rushed over to the request board and looked around for a job. Wizarding jobs are so varied that it's hard to pick one. I then saw something that caught my interest. I grabbed the flyer from the board and read it. It seems like somebody wants a package delivered. The client lives in Shirotsume Town. To get there I'm gonna have to take a carriage. The reward is. 1 million Jewel!

There was no explanation on why it the reward was so high. It just wanted me to deliver a package. I decided to take it to master to see what he thinks.

"Hmm, this is quite odd, 1 million Jewel just for delivering a package." He said. He then got into a thinking pose. "There just isn't enough information to determine why the reward is so high. I'm gonna send someone else to go with you just in case the job is more dangerous than the flyer seems."

Makarov then looked around the guild hall. "Gray do you have any plans for today?" He asked. Gray then looked at him.

"No not really" he responded.

"Good, then I want you to go on this job with Akira and Senan."

"What, but those two can take care of it them selves." Gray said surprised master wanted him to go with us.

"Maybe but I don't want to take any chances. This job doesn't give enough information which makes me a bit skeptical about it."

"All right fine." Gray responded.