Chapter 19: Battle of Sound

After our adventurers left the bath house they headed back to the inn the went to sleep for the night. The old man they helped on their way to Drosera town was named Oscar. He offered to take them to the bridge which would take them to Camellia town which is where Aiko believes Quietus is headed to next.

Kanon has already woken up around seven thirty and decided to get dressed. She put on a black tube top that covered her chest and black arm sleves as well as a jean vest that had a design on the back. She also had on blue jean shorts and black leggings that went up past her knee plus a pair of combat boots.

Kanon then went to the kitchen to make breakfast since Aiko and Senan were still asleep. She decided to cook pancakes with a side of bacon and eggs. While cooking she noticed that senan came into the kitchen. Senan transformed into her human state and decided to help. Once they were finished cooking Kanon decided to wake up Aiko.

"Hey Aiko, its time to wake up." Kanon said shaking Aiko to wake her up

Aiko stirred before opening her eyes and spotting Kanon.

"Good morning sleepy head." Kanon said smiling

Aiko sat up and rubbed her eyes "Hey Kanon...what time is it?"

"Its eight ten and we have to meet up with Oscar at nine so hurry up and get dressed then come to the kitchen to eat." Kanon said while eaving the room.

Aiko who was still half asleep, got dressed in her usual clothes, including weights and went to the kitchen. Kanon saw her and she look really tired.

"Hey Aiko, why do you look so sleepy?" Kanon asked

"I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. So I decided to go outside and walked around looking for a park. I stayed there training for like an hour before heading back to the inn."

"How far was the park from the inn?" Kanon asked

Aiko yawned before answering the question "Not too far."

Aiko then started eating her food. After breakfast the group checked out of the inn and left to meet up with Oscar at the outskirts of the city.

"There you girls are, I was starting to get worried." Oscar said

"Sorry were a bit late." Kanon said

"No worries." Oscar said "Now lets get going."

With that the group got in the wagon and Oscar started taking them to the bridge.

"So how long will it take us to get to the bridge?" Kanon asked

"About an hour give or take." Oscar said.

"I see."Kanon said turnign her head to Aiko. "So what should we do in the mean time?"

"Lets play cards." Aiko said taking a deck of cards from her pocket space. "Have you heard of crazy eights?"

"Yeah and I'm pretty good at it." Kanon said confidently.

"Sen do you want to play?" Aiko asked

"No, i'll just watch."

For about half an hour Aiko and Kanon played crazy eights and Aiko won almost every game they had which caused Kanon to get annoyed. Kanon had belived she won this match.

"Hey Kanon, its your turn."

"I know." Kanon placed down and eight which is a wild card. "I want spades."

"Alright." Aiko placed down a two of spades which is a draw card "Draw two."

Kanon picked up two and since she picked up she couldn't put down a card. Aiko then proceeded to place down an ace of spades and followed up with another ace card. Finally she placed down and eight of clubs whoch was her last card.