Chapter 31: The End of the Phantom Fox

I know it's been a while since I uploaded either one of my fanfictions because school was in the way but I have some free time now. I plan on working on both this summer. I want to get to a certain point in both my fanfiction before the summer ends and to do So I might focus a little more on the Mistress of Sound first and then Sumimiko I'm not sure. I plan of doing some drawings as well. Speaking of I recently posted a couple of new ones on my insta account. The link is in My About page

Anyway hope you enjoy the chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

After Aiko had completed her mission in Willow town as the Phantom Fox she had Senan create a portal straight to master Makarov's office. Whereupon she ended up breaking down crying as the guilt of what happened. Makarov was there to comfort the distraught sound user until she had calmed down and eventually cried herself to sleep.

After she had calmed down Makarov had picked up Aiko and placed her on a set of chairs in his office. He then went to his desk drawer and opened it. Inside were calling cards, one for each S class wizard except for Gildarts. Makarov took out the one to call Cana and activated the spell.

/"Master Makarov? Is something the matter?/ Cana asked.

"Yes, could you come by my office please."

/"Sure thing. But what for if you don't mind me asking?"/

"This isn't something I can explain over the Call Card but it involves Aiko. She's currently in my office."

/"Aiko! Did something happen? Is she okay?"/

"She is fine...Physically anyway. I'll explain everything once you get here."

/"Alright. Levy is with me so she's coming with, that alright master?"/

"Yes."

The two hung up, allowing Makarov to take a deep sigh before looking over towards Aiko. He didn't know what happened but he had guessed that it involved the girls that were kidnapped.

Makarov then heard Aiko whimper as a tear fell from her eye. This sight hurt Makarov as His child suffered internally. Clearly this was caused by her being the phantom fox and regardless of what happened he had come to a decision.

About half an hour passed until Makarov then heard a knock on his door disrupting his thoughts. "Come in."

The door opened and walking in was Cana with Levy behind her. They looked around and spotted Aiko immediately moving over to her.

"AI-"

"Shhhh." Makarov ushered "she is asleep. I'd like to keep her that way for the time being. She has been through enough tonight as is."

"Master...what's going on?" Cana asked, looking towards the bearded man. "Why is she covered in blood and that outfit?"

"We kept this under wraps in order to protect the guild but it's best you two are informed at least." Makarov said, sighing. A serious expression then dawned his face. "Aiko...she is the Phantom Fox."

Expressions of shock appeared on the girls faces as it was then replaced with a more somber one.

"So she...Aiko is..." Levy tried to speak but couldn't find the word.

Cana gritted her teeth and clenched her fists as she then spoke in an angry but quiet tone. "Why...why weren't we told about this sooner... If what you said is true then Aiko has been facing a bunch of dark guilds on her own for at least a year."

"It was for the guild's safety. The only people who know are myself, Senan and the magic council who Aiko made a deal with." Makarov explained. " though she did inform me that she had told a friend of hers whom she trusts."