Chapter 9: As Time Moves On

A year has passed and it is currently the year x780. As the years progress I have a lot more fun with everyone at the guild and enjoy every minute of it.

This year was the year when Eza was chosen as an S class trial participant. Also it seems that me Erza, Cana, Mirajane and a couple others were x as participants in this year's trial. The event took place on Tenrou Island which is fairy tails sacred ground. I had to leave Senan back at the guild though.

I can't tell you any details of the trials but I will tell you who made it. Unfortunately both Mira and Cana failed. Me and Erza made it to the final round and the two of us had to fight. It was a good opportunity since we never finished our fight from three years ago.

As the two of us were fighting it seemed that neither of us were going to throw in the towel until master stopped the fight. He said that it's clear that neither of us will give up the fight so he decided to pass the both of us which was something unexpected.

Right now everyone is at the guildhall throwing a party for the two new S class wizards. Also since I'm two years younger than Erza I'm officially the youngest ever to become an S class mage at the age of 13.

Mira was super angry at the fact that she didn't make it to S class. In fact, I haven't seen her around since we got back. Natsu immediately challenged us when we got back. One match was a day after the other and we kicked his but. Cana was spending time with Gildarts and even though she didn't make it he was still proud of Cana for giving it her all.

The day we got back Jason the reporter for sorcerer weekly was at the guild asking me and Erza to do an interview. We complied and I asked him to stay a bit longer since there was something important I was gonna tell the guild.

I had told the master that I planned on revealing my gender and real name today. When I told him I was gonna reveal it Master called attention to the guild.

"Alright everyone, Akira has an announcement to make! So listen up."

Everyone then became silent and all attention was drawn on me.

"Everyone, there's something that I have to tell you." I told them I was nervous since I wasn't used to talking to large crowds of people.

I took a deep breath and spoke calmly. "My name is not Akira." Everyone started whispering. "My real name is Aiko Akiyama and I'm actually a girl!" I shouted.

It took everyone a moment to process what I said.

"Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" The entire guild screamed. I had to cover my ears from the guilds unison scream. Their reactions were priceless though.

Almost immediately after everyone bombarded me with questions. It took forever for everyone to calm down though. The party proceeded and I decided to head outside to the back of the guild hall where it was quiet. My ears were ringing. My hearing keeps getting stronger. Plus I'm able to hear people's thoughts now like cobra but loud noises take tolls on my ears. I wear earplugs but they're not that helpful. Especially when the guild throws parties.

"Well, what are you doing out here?"

I turned around to see Master standing behind me.

"Just nursing my ears. Its way too loud in the guild hall."

"That's bound to happen when you have super hearing. I believe your mother had the same problem as well."

"How did she deal with it?" I asked

"She created a spell that can reduce her hearing."

"I see, I don't think that was in the spell book she gave me."