Slap

Saachi

I moved around feeling the needed warmth around me. Warmth means Yuvraj Ji. But no...

He can't leave me. My eyes opened immediately when I realized what could've gone wrong. I looked around to find myself in a dark room. Did I die as well? Is this what they call life after death? I felt the familiar warmth and scent around me. I felt arms wrapping around my waist. I looked back to find Yuvraj Ji asleep.

Nothing happened to him, right?

I caressed his jaw which was covered with a little beard.

"Sleep, love", I heard him as tears fall down my eyes. I thought I would never be able to hear his voice again. A sob escaped my lips as I touched his face to make sure he was for real.

"I am here only", He said keeping his hands on mine.

I kissed his whole face as my tears fall on his face.

"If this is what I get after getting a bullet then I would like to get shot every day", He joked as I cried hugging him.

"I can't live without you", I told him as he laughed.

"And you don't love me", He said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Who told you that?", I asked him pulling away from him.

"I am asking you", He told me as he switched on the light from the side table. Was it a hospital room? Of course, he needs to rest.

"Asking what", I asked him.

"If you love me or not", He said looking into my eyes. I felt weird looking in his eyes.

"Yuvraj Ji, Please", I told him as he shook his head.

"Sleep, Saachi. I don't want to talk to you at this moment. Many things are going through my mind and I don't want to say something rude to you", He told me as he turned his back to me.

I wanted to stop him but couldn't. He wanted some time for himself and I couldn't deny him that. I sighed before lying back looking at his back. Do I Love him? I don't know.

I have never felt something like this for anyone but I can't give him false hopes. I closed my eyes wanting nothing but to sleep at this moment.

I found myself in complete darkness, not even a single source of light.

"Are you searching for light here", I heard a soft female voice. I have never heard this voice. It felt like somebody was singing. Her voice was soft like clouds for my ears.

"You have dreamt about someone your whole life", I heard her saying.

"How do you know?", I asked her trying to find the source of the melodious sound. I heard her laughing.

"I know more than you are ready to tell anyone", She said making me stop questioning her.

"You have prayed for that person's well being your whole life and now when he is beside you, you are hurting him again and again. I never expected this from you Saachi. You are disappointing me badly", She told me. I looked down feeling ashamed of myself.

"Saachi", I heard her again as I nodded.

"Get separated from Yuvraj", She told me making me gasp and shook my head.

"You would only end up hurting him. He deserves someone better who wouldn't disappoint him. Who would at least return back his feelings? You are being really selfish to the already broken soul. I thought you would be the perfect choice for him but...", She stopped.