Heart Break

Saachi

"Happy Birthday Princess", Pitaji said as he woke me up. I smiled opening my eyes.

"You can't always wish her first", Ma said as I smiled.

"Happy Birthday from my side also. This drama started again", Kabir said with irritation hiding his face with the comforter to prevent any sound going to his ear.

"And you said they are not lazy", Ma mocked Pitaji as he shook his head.

"Get up Kabir", Pitaji said as Ma took out a dress for me for the day. Another Puja as always.

"And what about this little baby", Ma said pointing at Rudra who was sleeping on his stomach.

"What am I going to do with these boys", Ma said as Pitaji shook his head. I changed and went downstairs while they stayed back to help the boys in getting ready.

I was walking down the stairs while Bai Sa was standing at the end to remove the bad eyes from me. She circled the chilies from my head to feet and than burned them.

"Happy Birthday Princess", Everybody wished me as I nodded. I felt so happy finding everyone so excited for birthday. I loved them for being this kind to me.

Than we all went to the temple as usual for the puja. The weather is so good. Rudra was grumpy may be because he had to wake up early on a Sunday morning. He was sitting with his head leaning on the window may be already asleep.

"He is already asleep", Kabir said peeking at his face.

"Let him sleep otherwise he would be irritated whole day", Ma said as we nodded.

"Yr di why are we growing up", Kabir whined as I laughed.

"I don't know", I told him.

"Some girls in my class were saying that girls have to leave their house when they grow up", He said as a silence fall inside the car. I looked at Ma and Pitaji they were looking equally stressed.

"I am not going anywhere", I told him.

"yet", He ended as I was at loss of words.

"Forget about it. What kind of things are your classmates discussing Kabir? Stay away from them", Pitaji told him as he nodded.

"I am hungry", Suddenly Rudra whined.

"He was asleep", Kabir said shockingly.

"But now he is awake and he is hungry", I whispered in his ear and he nodded.

"Come here baby we will reach soon", Ma said taking him in her arms as he snuggled closer to her. Here Kabir hugged me.

"What are you doing little boy?", Pitaji asked Kabir looking at him from the rear mirror.

"There are only few moments when he leave di alone. I am taking advantage of it", He said hugging me as I laughed shaking my head. He made me hug him back. My little brother.

After completing the puja, we were coming out of the temple. I saw a lady who lost her balance and was about to fall when I caught her hand.

"Are you okay?", I asked as she pulled her hands away from me giving me a disgusting look.

"You don't have to do acting to show off yourself", She spitted out as I gave her a weird look.

"But I just..."

"Shut up I know now you would ask me to say thank you and all that stuffs but I am not going to do that", She said as I smiled softly.

"You don't have to thank me. It was my duty to help you", I said as I turned to leave.