Hope

Saachi

I looked around the palace where I grew up. I still have many questions in my mind. 

Where I was born? What actually happened? Was it connected to my nightmares when Pitaji would wake me up in the middle of the night. 

I remember I used to stay with Ma- Pitaji before Kabir. After him only Pitaji allowed me to stay alone.

I need my answers. It was fine till the time I was not knowing anything but I wanted my answers and I knew who could provide them to me.

I sighed moving out of the palace and drove to Khurana Mansion.

I parked the car in the parking before moving inside knowing all my answers reside here.

I found a little girl sitting in the living room with Kenit and Arjun was busy on his phone.

"Di", Kenit acknowledged me as I smiled at me. He smiled before walking to me and hugging me. I ruffled his hair as Arjun looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Can't I visit you?", I asked him as he shook his head before walking to me.

"What pulled you here?", He asked as Kenit walked away. The girl was of Kenit's age I guess. They were doing some paperwork.

"She is Tara. Kenit's school friend, they have a project together", Arjun said as I nodded.

"Where is Kinshuk?", I asked him.

"He is with her cousin. They both are in the same class and have group projects with these two", He said as I nodded.

"Like we both used to have", I asked him as he nodded.

"I forgot to ask where is Roshni Bua?", I asked him as he looked at his phone again.

"She is in her room. Chote Papa forbids her to get up from bed when he is not around. And everybody else went to the temple to pray for the baby's well-being", He said as I nodded.

"Can I meet her?", I asked him as he nodded.

"You take care of the kids", I told him as he shook his head looking at the little girl.

"What is it?", I asked him.

"I don't know", He said as I slapped his cheek softly.

"You should know it than", I told him as he glared at me.

"Bro, we need your help", Kenit said as the girl looked at us before smiling brightly at me as I smiled back at her.

"Have I met you before?", I asked her looking at her as she frowned.

"I don't know. May be in some function", She said as I frowned.

"Her father is a known IPS officer", Kenit said as I nodded.

"I do know you. But you were quite young at that time. You still look cute", I said as she smiled uncomfortably at me.

"She don't take compliments well", a boy said walking downstairs as Tara glared at him.

"You can meet Mumma, Di. They always fight like this", Kinshuk said following him as I nodded before walking upstairs after ruffling his hair. He smiled at me.

I walked upstairs silently and entered in Bua's room after knocking on it.

"Come In", I heard her as I walked inside. She smiled looking at me. Her face was glowing brightly as she cupped her baby bump.

"You should be taking rest", I told her as I found her standing near the window.

"Don't start. Anav Ji is enough in these things. Not you as well", She said as I smiled at her helping her walk to the bed.