-17

🎴

🎴

His heart was about to leap out of his mouth any second. He had no idea what he had gotten himself into.

He covered his mouth with his sleeve to muffle his shaky breaths, giving himself the illusion that he was not afraid. He needed to stay composed, there was no reason to fear.

He reminds himself of his family then gathers his courage to push forward. He gets out of the car and steps into the restaurant,

He pushes his way through the families who enjoyed their meals wholeheartedly. It sickened him. It made him want to gag just by thinking about how as these families were happy up here,

Something darker lies beneath these floors.

He made his way through the kitchen, spotting the entrance to one of the human trafficking sites.

He looked around. Unprotected? Odd. Had they been so confident in their disguise? Had they believed that they were invincible?

Were they expecting him?

His hands drifted away from the door knob. This must be a trap. He should just leave.

That was when the door flung open,

He flinched, every single hair of his body stood. He wanted to walk away, he shouldn't. Yet, he was tempted. He felt his body being pulled into the steps that descended into darkness.

He took a few steps in. Then, he felt a force shoving his entire body down the steps.

"Ah.." He heard someone say, the heels clanking against the stairs. "What a nuisance,"

Yuta narrowed his eyes at the male on the floor, tilting his head. "I'm not going to waste time on you," He sends a powerful blow to the stranger's head and rests his foot on it. "Who sent you here?"

"I-I didn't see anything, please!" Yuta cringed at the words of this pathetic man,

He pulls his pistol out, "I don't want to kill you," He kicks the body over, finally meeting the eyes of the man. "Who sent you?" He aims at his head,

"No one won't get you out of this," Yuta said in response to the man's silence. "Whoever it is won't jump in and save you, they won't pay you either if you return empty-handed, "

"The only one who will save you-" Yuta kneels down, pressing the gun against the man's forehead. "-Is me,"

The man doesn't dare to breathe, it was as if his entire life is in another's hands. "It's Seo Johnny," The man replied,

Yuta sighed and pulled his gun away. "How annoying.." He gets up and turning away for a moment. This was the 13th private investigator he had sent. Does he not know when to give up? How was he going to deal with this?