-38

🎴

🎴

Taeyong sat by the bench at the park that he and Yuta first visited. It was nearly 11 at night but still, he remained there.

He let the cold wind brush against his skin. He was freezing but he didn't care. "I can't help everyone," He reminded himself,

His mind wandered to the times of his past, he hated it. He wanted to stop thinking about it but he couldn't. The words that tore him apart attacked him,

"You will never be loved,"
"How can you be such a disgrace?"
"All you do is cause problems!"
"I want you out of this family!"

Taeyong shut his eyes tightly, lowering his head. He was unable to bear the weight in his chest that made him feel suffocated. He didn't want to hear these words, he wanted to escape.

He wanted something, someone, to distract him and lead him far away from this world.

"Taeyong?" He heard his name called, the voice had suddenly calmed the fearsome, thunderous clouds inside him.

He saw Yuta, "Hey," Taeyong said, sitting up straight as if he wasn't close to having a breakdown.

Yuta sat down next to him, "You look like you had a bad day today," He said,

"I guess I had better," Taeyong replied, forcing a smile to make himself feel better. "What are you doing here?"

"Same as you," Yuta replied, staring up at the starry skies. It was beautiful, he remembered as a child he could only see the grey ceiling which he hated.

And yet, he remembered when he first saw a starry sky, he felt empty. Nothing brought him joy as all his childhood dreams shattered that day he took his mother's life.

"Why did you do that?" Yuta asked,

"Do what?"
"Pretend that you weren't upset,"

Taeyong sighed, unable to wear his smile anymore. "I.." He clenched his fists, "I don't do it often but it's just that.."

"Johnny told me I couldn't help everyone today," Taeyong began after clearing his throat. He hesitated before he continued, "And I know that, of course, I do."

"But I just didn't expect I would hear him say that to me," Taeyong clenched his fists, trying to fight back his pathetic tears. "Because when no one believed in me-"

He lowered his head, "-He always did,"

"My family- They-They don't want me, you know?" Taeyong smiled briefly, unable to hold it. "So, I have no family,"

"You know," Taeyong inhaled sharply, "When they had decided they wanted me out, they said-" Taeyong finds himself unable to speak, as he recalls the hot burning metal being pressed into his skin. The laughter, the names they called him,