-31

🎴

🎴

"I'm in the mafia,"

Taeyong blinked a few times before he started laughing, "What are you saying?" He asked,

"Ah, you're just hurting my feelings.." Taeyong trailed off, looking at his hand in Yuta's. "It's fine if you weren't ready, you don't have to say something like that," He pulled his hand out,

"It's not a joke, Taeyong," Yuta said firmly, feeling his heart ache when he felt the warmth in his hand fade away. "I'm in the mafia and I'm an executive member,"

Taeyong stared at him, he realised Yuta was being dead serious. How was he supposed to react? So many things had filled his mind at once, how was he suppose to unpack a million questions?

"You know I would kiss you right now, right?" Yuta asked, leaning in closer. "I want to," He added,

Taeyong sank into the corner of the seat, avoiding Yuta's deep gaze. "I-Is that so.." Was all he could say, his entire face burning up at Yuta's bold statement.

"Yeah," Yuta nodded at his own words, his frustration building up. Why wasn't Taeyong reacting the way he had expected? Why wasn't he afraid? What is actually going on right now?

"Taeyong," Yuta gripped on his shoulders. "I'm in the mafia, I'm an executive member. I've taken more lives than I can count and you can imagine,"

Taeyong felt his heart drop to his stomach, "Taken lives?" He repeated, the situation than sank into him.

It was almost as if a switch went off in his head, mostly because it went against everything he believed and lived for.

Taeyong believed that every human life deserved a chance, deserved to be healed especially if the life in question had only known suffering or were never given a choice,

To meet someone that had done the exact opposite:

It clicked.

"You're in the mafia?!" Taeyong exclaimed, standing up immediately. "Are you insane?! Why would you be apart of such things?!"

"What?" Yuta said his thoughts out loud. Again, Taeyong had not met his expectations. Why? He hadn't expected that.

He thought Taeyong would say something that would break Yuta's heart, run away out of fear and they would be done with it.

He knew Taeyong wasn't capable of breaking his heart but still, he wanted Taeyong to ruin him so Yuta wouldn't have to ruin the other instead.

"I asked you why you're doing this!" Taeyong huffed, "If its money, I can help you but—"

Taeyong couldn't even bring himself to say it to Yuta's face so instead, he asked, "Do you actually kill?"

Yuta pulled out his pistol, "I do,"