-2

🎴

🎴

"I hate this fucking job," Yuta plots himself down onto the seat. He pounds his fist into the table, "Get me a drink!"

Jaehyun sits beside him, "Who doesn't," He sighs, dropping his bloody knife on the table.

"But," Jaehyun picks up the drink set in front of him, "I must ask- Why don't you leave?" He asked, taking a sip of the alcohol.

Yuta gave him a good, long stare before he returns to his drink. He motioned for a second one before he answers, "Because I can't,"

"No," Jaehyun quickly replies, "You can, you're capable," He looks over to Yuta, "So, why?"

"Same reason as you," Yuta trails off. With a sigh, he continues. "There's nothing out there for me," He empties his glass.

Jaehyun blinks a few times, then he looks down at his drink. His lips part to speak but he decides not to. Instead, he keeps these words in his thoughts. "That's not why I'm not leaving,"

"I just don't want to leave you behind."

"I better get going," Jaehyun finally looks away from his drink for once

"I better get going," Jaehyun finally looks away from his drink for once. He watches as Yuta picks up his coat, pushing his seat under the bar table.

Jaehyun stands as well, he holds his hand out to Yuta. "Take care and don't die,"

Yuta looks down at Jaehyun's hand, then returns to his gaze. He grips Jaehyun's hand tightly. A large grin forms on Yuta's face as he pulls Jaehyun into his arms, "You take care,"

Jaehyun holds him tightly. He hadn't remembered when Yuta felt this warm, this comforting to hold. This had only made the throbbing in his chest even more painful,

"Why don't you come with me?" Yuta asked in a whisper, "You don't need to have a reason, hating this place is good enough."

"I don't want to leave you behind," Jaehyun smiled when he hears these words, he is reminded of a day. A day years ago, where they both were two different men. A day where Jaehyun wouldn't expect to hear this, but rather, he would be the one saying it.

Jaehyun pulls away, "Just go, she would've wanted that,"

So, now. Jaehyun finds himself alone.

Jaehyun swirls the drink in his hand, "Bottoms up," He said to himself, emptying the cup. He places it down,

"No, thanks," He refuses another drink, mildly irritated by the widened eyes of the bartender.

He looks over to his side, the seat empty. Just like that, Jaehyun had let Yuta go. That was none of his concern, he knew. Yuta leaving was a good thing, something she would've wanted for him.

Now, all he had to do was to sit still and keep his thoughts quiet. Yuta won't die, he's not someone who can get killed so easily. Yuta will escape, he's someone who is capable of it.

But would Yuta still be able to with collateral damage by his side?

Jaehyun eyes the card that sits beneath the empty glass. With a sigh, he pulls it out and unfolds it.

It revealed where Yuta had planned to escape to, with an address to where they were staying.

Jaehyun scoffed, "How stupid of him," He smirks and pulled out his lighter, bringing the corner of the card to the flame.

He looks over at his watch. It was almost impossible to Jaehyun had Yuta had only left about an hour ago. It was even more sickening to him that seeing the time made him feel even more empty.

He sighs, unable to sit still, he tips the bartender and heads to his car to return to headquarters.

"Jaehyun," He is greeted by his top subordinate as soon as he enters. "Boss needs you,"

Jaehyun nods, "Don't work late," He pats his shoulder before walking off.

As soon as he enters, he's greeted by a very unfamiliar sight.

"Where is he?" His boss asked calmly, but Jaehyun can tell he was not. His leg bounces, twelve cigarette butts sat on his table and a gun had rested onto the table.

Jaehyun looks over to his side to see three of Yuta's subordinates on the ground, faces blasted off. "Answer me!" Jaehyun's attention returns to his boss.

Jaehyun stares at him, only to agitate the boss more. "I don't know," Jaehyun finally says.

"Bullshit!" He slams the gun on the table, "Tell me where he is, right now."

"I don't know," Jaehyun emphasises each word, his face remaining stoic and unreadable. "Do you think I'd be here if I did?" He asked,

The boss smirks, chuckling slightly. "I actually do because unlike him-" His father steps towards Jaehyun, hands inches away from his neck. "I still have all strings on you,"

Jaehyun scoffs, "Don't get so full of yourself," He steps closer to the boss and in a low tone, he continues. "I'll kill you one of these days,"

He smirks, "Now that Yuta isn't here, I have you all to myself,"

The boss returns to his table, "Well, shit," He says, crushing the cigarette into the table. "I shall.." He turns and faces Jaehyun, with a twisted smile, he says,

"Let out the Hound,"

Jaehyun's stoic expression fails him, he reveals his widened eyes and gaped mouth. He can feel the thump in his chest as he reality sinks in,

The boss chuckles, "You're dismissed, Jaehyun," He picks up his coat and throws it over his shoulder. "I'm going to take my dog for a walk,"

He stops by Jaehyun's side, "If you try to help him, I'll punish you, understand?" He doesn't wait for a respond and then, slams the door behind him.

Jaehyun hadn't realised he had been holding his breath until he finally exhales. "The hound?" He pulls his phone out but realises he's unable to call Yuta, "He's definitely tracing me,"

Jaehyun just needed to sit still. He didn't need to do anything. Once Yuta had left, he had no longer any associations with him. He-

Jaehyun sighs, unable to convince himself to hide. "I hate him for this,"