-39

🎴

🎴

Taeyong admired the ring instead of studying, constantly tracing the text engraved on the ring. He couldn't help but smile, just thinking about Yuta made him feel ways that he didn't understand,

They had gone to a library to focus on studying and yet, here they both are completely occupied by other things.

Johnny stared at the younger, the twisted feeling in his gut began to knot instead.

It had been a week or two since he had gotten that ring. In between, the two would spend time together often. It was making Johnny envious, so envious that it began to be the only thing in his mind.

All he does is stare at that ring. That damn ring.

Besides, Yuta was awfully suspicious to Johnny. There was just something about him that told Johnny he couldn't be trusted no matter what it was.

"You like it that much?" Johnny asked, his eyes scanning over the textbook.

Taeyong giggled and nodded, "Yeah,"

"You know," Taeyong finally tore away from the ring, "He has a really pretty smile," Taeyong whispered, hearing himself say it out loud made him even more embarrassed.

"But it just feels so empty," Taeyong said, thinking about the first time Yuta actually smiled. "I feel like it would've been more beautiful if he smiled truly,"

"He's a real mystery, you know?" He picks up a pencil and begun to play with it, "I'm sure he had it rough. His hands were battered a while ago too, he has a hard time understanding simple things. He just seems so in his own head,"

"Sometimes, it's like he's locked in there," Taeyong frowns upon hearing it out loud but he quickly drops his pencil, leaning forwards. "That's why I want to know more about him..!"

"He's so pretty," Taeyong said, before he melts into his seat with his face buried in his sweater paws. "He's driving me crazy,"

Johnny sat there, processing his words. Was Yuta just another person to be saved by Taeyong? Surely, that's all, right? Afterwards, Yuta could just leave him alone.

"Sounds like you have a crush," Johnny felt a pounding in his chest, he felt angry. He shouldn't, he knew that, but the feelings that had been contained in his heart had begun to poison his soul.

Taeyong stared at him before resting his head on the table, "Maybe," Taeyong replied, before melting into a smile. "Most likely," He corrected himself.

Johnny knew that would be Taeyong's answer and yet, he couldn't stop himself. He stood up and picked up his belongings and quickly stormed off,

He couldn't. He had to leave before he lashed out at Taeyong.

"Johnny?" Taeyong watched as the older left, he picked up his items and quickly followed after the other. "Johnny!" He yelled, surprising the other students.