EPILOGUE: 2

🎴

🎴

30TH JUNE 2063, 7:46 PM

Johnny stirred his drink aimlessly, his eyes fixated on the dark, bitter liquid. He lets out another sigh, he knew he would regret coming early. Now, even a ten minute wait felt like an eternity.

He dared not to glance at his watch for he did not want to feel the slap of having killed a minute.

It all changed when the chair across him was dragged out roughly, Jaehyun plotting himself there and unbothered to push it in. He didn't even look at Johnny, he faced away with his hands in his pockets. "Make it quick,"

Johnny nods, gulping hardly. "Has-" Johnny stops himself, rephrasing his question. "Is-" No, that doesn't sound quite right either. "I must-" How could he blank out now? He had it all together just a moment ago.

Jaehyun sighs and finally, he looks at Johnny. "Get to the point, yeah?"

Johnny sighed, then he mumbled an apology. He straightens his back, clears his throat and without further hesitation. "Is Yuta possibly still alive?"

Jaehyun narrowed his eyes. "Are you here to mock me?"

"Taeyong came to me and asked for his memories with Yuta back again. I know Yuta to be man that isn't easily killed too."

Jaehyun smirks and lets out a scoff. "What makes you think I would tell you?" He tilts his head, raising a brow. "I wouldn't gain anything, Yuta's my brother and.."

Jaehyun leaned forwards, "I love to see you miserable, you know?"

Johnny grips onto his cup, "I'm powerless here, I can't do anything to any of you," He pauses, letting his hands rest on his lap before he could shattered the glass into pieces. "I just think, if the situation calls for it, I will have to disclose the truth to Doyoung."

"Now, that's very interesting." Jaehyun raises his hand, calling the waitress over. "Tell me more,"

"With thorough examination and calculation," Johnny pulls out a binder and flips it open, revealing his very detailed research. "I was able to predict a 56 percent chance that if Taeyong were to regain his memories, he would return to Yuta even if he had to consider his marriage with Doyoung."

"Taeyong, without memory, is still emotionally reactive to Yuta's belongings," He shuts the binder, only getting a headache from recalling his sleepless nights.

"All of him is still 'in love' with Yuta but the only thing stopping him is that he can't remember who exactly is Yuta and on top of that, he has a marriage to care for."

"Wait, so, he doesn't really care about Doyoung? What a twist," Jaehyun mused, thanking the waitress for his drink. "Bet he's still in it for the dog,"

"I didn't say that,"
"But the facts did,"

"Why don't you calculate this, yeah?" Jaehyun puts his drink down, almost with a slam. "Yuta is dead and Taeyong's request is none of my business. He wants his memories, I play no part in that and the very man you killed plays no part in it too."