-37

🎴

🎴

"I have no idea what to do anymore," Johnny said, letting out a heavy sigh. It had been two days since he had last spoken to Taeyong.

It not that he was mad, nor was Taeyong. The overwhelming weight of guilt had stripped them of their ability to speak. Johnny wanted to speak to him and yet, the words he wished to say had only sat at the back of his throat.

He knew what he said was hurtful. He didn't want that. He didn't want to be someone who caused pained to Taeyong's heart.

But it was difficult. Taeyong avoided him. To question wether it was because of guilt or hate had only made Johnny a slave to his own fears.

He watched as Donghyuck played with the other children, remembering the fond memories he shared with Taeyong as a child.

They would get on his bicycle and go to town together. Of course, Johnny could afford large luxuries but they both ignored it, they didn't care about it at all. All they cared about was each other. That was it.

"Don't you think you should try actually talking to this guy?" Taeil asked, watching over the children as well.

Johnny pondered about it before letting out a heavy sigh, "Maybe, I should,"

Taeil always knew Johnny ever since high school. They were both good friends and it wasn't hard to realise that Johnny and Taeyong were inseparable and depended on each other for many things.

At some point, Taeil wondered how suffocating it must be. To be so entangled with someone that they're everything that you see. The world was vast and yet, they both chose to sit on a small island together.

Obviously, such suffocation had no effect on either of them since they were so blindly loving towards each other but sooner or later, Taeil thought, Taeyong would want to sail off to a bigger world. After all, he had already met someone who would show him.

Only then, Taeyong would come to realise how he had been wearing chains.

"Have you ever thought that maybe this is for the best too?" Taeil asked, not wanting to look at Johnny's reaction.

Johnny say there quietly, pondering about Taeil's question, "How so?" Johnny asked,

"Don't you think there's a bigger world out there?" Taeil was finally able to face him, "Do you think Taeyong was looking for that?"

This time, Johnny avoided Taeil's eyes. He couldn't help but wonder if he had burdened Taeyong that much. Was Taeyong caged? Did he put Taeyong in that cage?

They were all that they had, or was Johnny the only one who thought so?

Taeil began to feel bad to see the younger drift off into his own thoughts and yet, he didn't bother taking back what he said. It was possible. Almost definitely.