Chapter 10: Broken Promise

Song: The Neighbourhood - Honest

Delirious' POV

It was Monday and Evan's Mother was driving us to school, I stayed at his house all weekend. May I add that it was the best weekend ever? Anyways we woke up late, we missed the bus, homeroom and first period, so Mrs. Fong was taking us to school before second period started and the gang were already by our lockers waiting for us. 

Mrs. Fong also caught Evan kissing me in his room last night, it was so embarrassing but she said something that shocked both of us, 'I saw this coming since day one'. I just hope my Dad will be just as support as his mom.

"Del, snap out of it. We're here." Evan said, taking me out of my thoughts. I looked out the window and we were in the parking lot of Sparks High. Evan and I got out of his Mother's car and shut the door behind us, "Have a nice day you two." She said before driving off. 

I zipped my hoodie up and adjusted it to where you cant see my hickey that Evan left me, I turned to Evan and slid my mask on, he frowned at me but accepted my wishes. Even though him and our friends know what I look like, I still wanna hide it from the rest of the world. Evan threw an arm around me and we processed to walk to our school. I had this bad feeling in my stomach for some reason but I just kept shaking it off.

'Don't worry.'

As soon as we entered the building, I made Evan put his arm down. I looked at him and he had this sad look on his face, I was frowning too, although he couldn't see it. I just don't want anyone but our friends knowing, it would lead to some bullying and people making fun of us, and I don't want him dealing with that. 

We continued to walk to our lockers and get what we needed for second period. Our friends were surrounding mine Evan's lockers, I sighed and tried to walk up to them, I'm still recovering from Friday night. 

"Hey Vanoss and Deliri-" Lui started to say but was cut off by Tyler, "Delirious what the fuck is wrong with you?" He asked with a light giggle at the end, "Yeah, why are you walking like that?" Marcel asked. I looked at Evan, who was just evilly grinning at me.  I punched him in the shoulder and he just pushed me up against a locker and pinned me to it, "Do not, make me torture you in school." He whispered in my ear before letting go. I smirked underneath my mask and gently pushed him off, "Don't flatter yourself, Evan." 

"Oh no way, you two are a thing." Craig said with a smile. "And no wonder why Jonathan is walking like that! Evan is so top!" Marcel cooed. Everyone, even myself, busted out laughing. 

Until someone poked me from behind. I turned around and found the one and only Ryan. With his gang. Standing right in front of me and my gang. Fuck. "Uh, hey Cry, wassup man?" I said trying to act cool. Russ came around and put an arm around my neck and pulled me away from everyone. "We need to talk, fag." He whispered in my ear, I gulped and nodded.

'Dont. Break.'

Suddenly I felt someone grab my hand and yank me back, making me almost fall on my ass. I looked to see who it was, and only found Marcel. Tyler and Evan stood in front of me, crossing their arms. "You aren't taking him anywhere." Evan spat at them, Snake smiled at that and walked forward, looking straight at me, "Delirious, you know the deal. Are you.. breaking it?" 

My eyes widened and I instantly lost Marcel's grip and ran right in front of Evan and Tyler, "Go to class." I ordered them. Evan narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head, "No, not without you." I sighed and looked at everyone.

Scott came around and whispered in my ear as he looked at Evan, "Wanna come with us or go with your boyfriend?" I clutched my hands and turned around, looking at Ryan, who was just standing there smiling at this. "He's not my boyfriend, and never will be. Got it?" I frowned at myself but I don't want them knowing, "Can we just do this later, Cry?" He didn't say anything, he just nodded and walked away, signaling his gang to leave. Both, Snake and Scott gave me dirty looks before backing off. I just sighed in relief and turned to everyone, who all gave me dirty looks as well.

"Delirious, have you been lying to us?" Tyler blurts out crossing his arms, "Lying about what exactly?" I ask staring right at him.  "Are they messing with you? Tell us the truth." He asked. I didn't say anything for a second, "Jon, are they?" Marcel added, I sighed and turned to them, "They aren't messing with me." Evan stared right at me, he was so unconvinced.

"Promise me?" Evan said looking at me with a worried face, I didn't say anything. I just stared at him, I don't wanna promise something that I will break instantly, "Delirious, promise me that they aren't messing with you." Evan ordered. I took a deep breath, and nodded, "I promise."

'Why did you lie to him too?'

It's to protect them.. you know that.

  ✨✨✨