Chapter 32: Friday? Friday.

"You really are insane, and no one knew." Lui said shyly in his squeaker voice. Jonathan just nodded and smiled widely at his friends comment.

Tuesday

Delirious' POV

Something was off about Ryan on the bus. I never took my eyes off of him. He was being... me. He just stared out the window, in silence. In fact, everyone in his crew were quiet. They had no expression on their faces either. What the fuck?

'That's... weird.'

Yeah, you're telling me. They normally are the loudest ones on the bus.

'Could it be the death of Russ?'

No, remember when Ryan killed Felix? It affected him for awhile, but he never acted like.. this.

'You are right.. And it's weird, you are the only one who are noticing it. Evan and the rest of your gang are just talking and ignoring it all.'

Well, it's not like I expect them to point out the obvious.

"Delirious?" I was snapped out of my conversation by Evan calling my name. I looked at him and he was out of his seat, which made me look around, everyone was out of their seat and getting off the bus. "You okay?" Evan asked me. I just shrugged and grabbed my bag, getting off the bus.

Evan put his arm around me and held me close. I blocked out everyone's voices who made fun of us, who hated us, who were homophobic. Who were just idiots.

"So, my Mom is going to invite your dad over for dinner Friday night." Evan said, as he opened the schools doors and walked in. I bit my bottom lip, "Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked him.

"Well, your dad are cool with my pare-" I cut him off and shook my head, "That's not what I mean." He raised an eyebrow at me.

We walked up to our lockers and I sighed, "I mean, what if your Mom talks about... us. Does your dad even know?" I asked, opening up my locker but looking at Evan, who was already closing his locker. He leaned up the lockers and took a deep breath. "Mother told him, and he wasn't mad nor happy. All he said was, "Well, I can't change who you fall in love with." So, he knows." 

"Do you think your Mom will bring us up?" I asked, getting nervous as I closed my locker.

"I doubt it." He replied.

I sighed and leaned up against the lockers with him, but instead of being on his level, I sinked to the floor. "Delirious, what could go wrong about your dad knowing?" Evan asked as he sat down on the floor next to me.

"A lot of things." I stated.

"Like?"

I sighed and rested my chin on my knee cap, "If we get mentioned up, the first thing that would pop in his head is my mother, Rosa. Love. He doesn't believe in it anymore, he used to tell me it was a false feeling, and people just get lonely and don't wanna die alone. He stopped telling me though, but that's only because I escaped him to go over your house, or one of the guys. He used to tell me each night when I was little, saying it was my fault my mother died. I wasn't brave enough to help her, I wasn't strong enough to help, I wasn't... sane enough."

I could feel Evan rubbing my back, "I don't really remember my mother, I don't have any memories with her other than the night she died. But apparently I look like her, according to my father. He would say he hated my face, ya know? Because I look a lot like her. So to sum it all up for you. If he finds out about us, he would just, through a fit maybe? I don't know. But I do know is that the results won't be nice."

Evan pulled me onto his lap, "You know if he does anything to you or say anything, I've got your back. If he kicks you out of the house, you can come live with me. You know I love you, right?"

I looked at him, smiling underneath my mask. "Yes, and I love you too."

He smiled, lifting up my mask. I blushed slightly and he pecked me a thousand times on the lips.

'Get a room.'

   ▂▂▂▂ 🔪 ▂▂▂▂   

"So, Friday?"

"Yes, that's what they talked about. They are gonna be at Fongs house for dinner."

"Thank you for the help, Aya."

"Um, no problem, thanks for the 10 bucks!"

  ✨✨✨