Chapter 38.4: David - The Gay Adventure

Song: Vance Joy - Georgia (Cover by Daithi De Nogla)

3rd POV - 7th Grade - March

As the bell rang, everyone cheered and bolted out of the classroom.

Spring break!

Time to just sit back and relax for awhile.

Jonathan packed up his stuff and started to head out the door when someone ran up next to him. "Hey Delirious, wanna go somewhere with me?" Jonathan turned around and saw David.

Jonathan only nodded and the two of them walked out of the classroom and headed to their lockers. They had to split up due to Jonathan's locker being in B3 and David's being in C2, but David told Jonathan to meet him out front for the gayest adventure ever.

Jonathan went up to his locker '139' and messed around with the lock before opening it. He put away his history books and grabbed a few of his notebooks before two figures came up to him, standing on both sides of him.

"Hey freak." One of them said. Jonathan looked to his right and met dark green eyes that belong to Marcus, he quickly looked to his left and saw Chris. He mentally screamed inside, 'Not these assholes' he said to himself. He closed his locker slowly and faced Marcus, who had this smug look on his face. "What do you want Mark?" Jonathan said, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"Oh come on, you know what exactly what I want." Marcus sneered at him.

Jonathan did know. Just like any other bully, they would want; any money you had, homework that's finished, something on you that was valuable, they'd want anything. Right now, all they wanted was money. Money that Jonathan didn't have, the money he gets is from his dad to buy lunch.

"I don't have money, Mark." Jonathan said, as he started to walk off. He really didn't wanna deal with bullies, the only thing on his mind was to get in front of the school to David. That was until he heard Chris say, "Well, then I guess it's beating time."

Jonathan's eye's widened and he turned around to face them, they both pulled up their sleeves and started to walk to Jonathan. It was 2 verses 1, it was an unfair fight because they both box, and he didn't even have anyone around him to help him in this situation. So he did what he knew best.

He ran.

Jonathan tighten his grip on his bag and bolted away from the lockers, away from the assholes who were about to knock him out. He didn't know where he was going, he just kept running as fast as he could.

Jonathan made sharp turns around corners, Chris slipped a couple of times and fell but he got back on his feet and ran again. They were even catching up to him. Jonathan never did track, he wasn't a runner, he knew that they were going to catch him soon. Jonathan looked back behind him and saw that Marcus tripped over his own shoes, 'thank god for clumsiness' Jonathan thought to himself. Chris ran past Marcus and kept going after Jonathan as Marcus got back on his feet. Jonathan quicky turned another corner, but the minute he did, he ran into someone.

Jonathan backed up and fixed his mask, "I'm sorry, I'm in a rush." Is all he could manage to say. He was about to run again, but that's when he noticed those chocolate eyes he had run into.

"Why were you running?" Evan asked him, Jonathan's eyes traveled to the ground, Evan tilted his head but then he knew, "Who is it this time?"

Marcus caught up with Chris and they turned the corner and saw Jonathan and Evan. Jonathan instantly went in panic/wimp mode, he began to back up and started to get ready to run again. Marcus smiled and cracked his knuckles and slowly started to make his way over to Jonathan.

But that's when Evan put his arm infront of Jonathan, he went in protective mode. Marcus glared at Evan, who only gave a warning stare. "Fuck with him, and you fuck with me. Back off Marcus, leave him alone." Is all Evan said, standing more infront of Jonathan.

Behind Evan, Jonathan got over his 'wimp state'. He blushed underneath his mask at the protectiveness of Evan. Evan's done this already. This wasn't the first time Jonathan's been picked on. This wasn't the first time that Jonathan ran away. This wasn't the first time that he would randomly bump into Evan. This wasn't the first time that Evan's been protective of him. This wasn't the first time that Jonathan's blushed furiously.

"Wow. Stop being so over protective of your boyfriend, Evan. We'll leave. See you later freak." Chris said walking away, dragging Marcus along with him, leaving the two blushing slightly at the word 'boyfriend'.

When they were both gone Evan turned around and faced Jonathan, "Thanks Vanoss." Jonathan whispered, which made Evan smile lightly. "If they mess with you again, let me know." Evan said, which made Jonathan sigh. He didn't want to tell anyone about the bullying, he kept it secret. It's just, people find out one way or another.

Jonathan nodded, "I'll see you whenever Evan. I need to go meet Nogla out front." Jonathan said, as he started walking away.

"Wait! Jonathan, you better text me later! I wanna hang out with you." Evan shouted at him. Jonathan didn't turn around or stop. He just smiled and nodded to himself.

He walked out of the building where David, Tyler and Craig were standing. They noticed Jonathan and greeted him, expect for Tyler of course.

"What took you so long?" David asked. "Evan had to save me, again." Jonathan simply said. The three of them nodded, they knew what he meant.

"Well come on, I wanna take you somewhere." David said, pulling on Jonathan's arm. "Where are you guys going? On some gay adventure?" Tyler asked, smiling at the end. Only David nodded, "The gayest adventure ever."

"Well, see ya fags later. Come on Mini." Tyler said, dragging Craig away to who knows where.

"Alright, so where are we going?" Jonathan asked as David and him started walking. Jonathan didn't know where they were heading, but he just followed David's lead.

"Just over the hill in the middle of no where, next to some pound." Is all that David said. Jonathan was confused at first but then he remembered Lui talking about David's 'special place' that they go to sometimes. To talk and hang out. I guess he wanted to talk to Jonathan huh?

About 10 to 15 minutes passed and David finally stopped. They were on one side of a hill, the side that showed a beautiful pond. David sat on the ground and motioned Jonathan to sit next to him. Jonathan sat next to him and looked at the pond.

"So, why bring me here?" Jonathan asked, breaking the silence between them. David shrugged a bit, "Just to think and talk."

"What do you wanna talk about?"

"How's your relationship with everyone? I mean, you and Marcel are super close. Fockin' brothers." Both Jonathan and David smiled lightly at that, "You and Lui are close. He doesn't open up to anyone in the group but you and me. You and Craig are basically friends, you have each others back without a doubt. You and I, well, just look at us. Then there's Tyler.."

"Tyler hates my guts." Jonathan said, which made David laugh and say, "He'll lighten up and you two will become close. It's probably because you're taking his best friend away from him."

Jonathan instantly looked at David, "Evan?"

"Yeah, you've both been spending a lot of time together. If he's not hanging out with anyone from the group, it's you. What's up with you two anyways? Do you like, have a crush on Mr Popstar?" David asked, wiggling his eyebrows abit.

Jonathan flushed and looked away. "Wh-What? No! Of course not. I'm not gay." He cooed.

"You could still be bisexual, Delirious." David stated.

"I.. don't like Evan."Jonathan clearly lied.

'You're such a lying prick.' David thought to himself and looked at the peaceful pond.

  ✨✨✨