Chapter 13: Walking Out

Song: Adam Lambert - Better Than I Know Myself

This wasn't really gonna happen but one of my friends wanted me to put this in. 

Delirious'  POV

Friday Night - One Week Later

It wasn't a normal Friday night for me and Evan this time. He kept asking me questions that I just wont answer to, and the ones I did answer to were lies. I didn't wanna tell him the truth. I couldn't. He even noticed the lies, he is so skeptical, which made this hard, for both of us.

"Evan! For fucks sake, can you just believe me?!" I said walking around his living room, staring right at him. "No! You aren't telling me the truth! You haven't been for the longest time!" He shouted back.

"I have reasons why!"

He stared at me with a bitter look, "And those reasons are?" He asked. I just stood there, staring right back at him, with grief. "I.. can't say." He instantly rolled his eyes at me, "Jon, I swear to fucking god." I just stared at the ground. "You know you can tell me anything, yet you don't. Why is that?" He maundered. I didn't answer him. "Who am I to you?" He asked another pointless question.

"You're everything." I stated.

'First question you answered truthfully.'

"And you can't tell your everything, the truth?" He said walking closer to me, "Jon, I hate seeing you like this. This isn't you. You've been acting so different lately and I don't know why."

I snapped, "That's because you don't know me."  He looked at me with wide eyes, "That's right," I began, "You don't know me. You never have and you never will." I said, being pessimistic and provoke. We stood there, looking at each other. Each second was making my heart beat fast with his sad brown eyes just staring into mine.

'Jon...'

"How could you say that?" He asked, so calmly. I went to open up my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Which made him frown. "I know.. almost everything about you. You aren't greatest in school, you never pay attention in class. You are always so determined sometimes. You're understanding. You hate the cold. You had a rough childhood, from what you told me. You don't like eating meat unless its on a special event. You always lay on your right side when you go to bed. You-" I didn't let him finish, this was going no where, this was pointless. "Shut it, Evan. You don't know the real me."

'He will if you tell him..'

"Then who is the real you? I fell in love with you. For who you are. For who you are yet to be. And you are sayin-" I cut him off again, but not with words but me turning my back on him, walking to the front door.

"Jonathan, please do not walk away."

Ignoring.

"Jon, please!"

Still ignoring.

"Jonathan Denis! Stop!"

Using my full name, isn't gonna get you anywhere.

I was right at the door, I put my hand right on the knob when he said, "Please don't leave me.. I love you."

'Pause.'

I looked back at him, he had tears rolling off his cheeks. He looked so desolate. I felt tears threatening me at this point, just staring at him like this was breaking my heart. I looked down, and opened the door. "I love you too, but I'm sorry." And with that I walked out, closing the door behind me.

I didn't leave his porch.

'Jon, please go back inside and tell him everything.'

Why should I?

'Because he will understand.'

And what if he doesn't?

'There is no what if's in this, sir. You get your ass back in there before you start crying.'

I sighed, the voice was right. I turned around and took a deep breath before opening the door back up, quietly. Evan was on the couch, his head buried in his hands. I frowned and closed the front door, trying not to make a sound. I walked back over to him, walking on my tippy toes so I don't make a sound while I slowly took off my mask. Well, it didn't work out as planned because he heard something and looked up in my direction. I gave a light smile and he stood up, wiping his face.

We stared at each other for a few seconds until I couldn't wait any longer. I ran the two steps that were keeping us apart and hugged him tightly, "I wont leave again. I promise." I whispered as I buried my head in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back, just as tight.

Once we pulled away we sat down, I told him everything, well not everything but the things he needed to know. I told him that the Late Night crew were actually insane, just as much as I was. Its just no one knew. And Evan accepted that I was insane deep inside, he didn't care.

"Like I said, I love you for you."

'I told you.'

I didn't tell Evan about me protecting him and everyone from the Late Night crew though. No one was gonna know about that. Not yet, anyway.

  ✨✨✨