Chapter 38.2: Marcel - The Nicknames

Song: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Wings

3rd POV - 6th Grade - May

It's been months. It was just a normal Saturday.

They both sat in front of his house, admiring the company of each other and the peace around them. Birds chirping, the wind just right, the sun and shadows on them. It was quite nice, just the two of them. It was almost like a bonding moment for them.

Marcel was laying down in the grass, an arm behind his hand as the other rested on his stomach. He watched the the clouds move with the earth.

Jonathan sat beside him, hugging his legs to his chest. He just looked around the area, feeling the warm breeze hit his body.

It was just tranquil for the two of them. They both didn't realize they had a smile on his face, not just any smile. The smile they had on their face was the light in the window of their souls. It's only been months, it was now May when just yesterday it was September, the month Jonathan first met everyone.

Yet, they bonded instantly. Just sitting out here telling make believe stories, goofing around, doing homework with each other, being there for each other. It was everything. Marcel and Jonathan spent time together the most, they had a bond the minute they met. They weren't close friends... they weren't best friends... it was something more than that...

"Marcel, there's something I've been meaning to ask you." Jonathan suddenly says, breaking the silence. Marcel turned his head to the right to look at Jonathan, although Jonathan wasn't looking at him. He was looking at the grass, the dirt.

"Shoot." Marcel softly said.

Jonathan hesitated to ask the question he's been meaning to ask, but he parted his lips and just said it, "Why BasicallyIDoWrk?"

Marcel was silent for a moment before saying, "Because I work too much."

"Work? You're only 12, how are you working?" Jonathan asked, now looking at Marcel.

Marcel sighed, "When I was ten years old, my father got horribly injured and he's ill -

'I've noticed.' Jonathan said to himself. He's seen Marcel's father and he's in pretty bad shape.

- He can't stand up for too long for he'll faint. He can't use his muscles or he'll break a bone. He cant do anything." Marcel sighed, sitting up. Jonathan frowned, even though Marcel couldn't see it behind his mask. "My Mother can't support me that much, since she's been getting laid off with pay checks." Marcel added.

"So you work, to support yourself and your family?" Jonathan asked, while rubbing Marcel's back gently.

"I don't work like an adult, but I do a lot of it. I basically mow the lawns around the neighbor, to just get ten or fifteen dollars each time. I walk dogs, I give cats baths and change their litter box, I would even baby sit some of my cousins for a few dollars, there's more but I rather not waste my breath. That's why I never hang out with anyone, unless it's Friday or the weekends. Work." Marcel said.

"So, that's why it's BasicallyIDoWrk, huh?" Jonathan asked, removing his hand from his friends back.

"I like it, it fits me. So, why H2O Delirious?" Marcel asked, looking at his friend with his brown eyes.

Jonathan smiled lightly and looked away from him, "Well.. - H2O. Water. I tend to drink a lot of it."

Marcel giggled and said, "Hell yeah you do. You even take Mini's drink when he's not looking! Haha!"

Jonathan smiled and continued, "Delirious is a name an old friend gave me. He gave it to me because of-" Before Jonathan could say anything Marcel cut him off and finished his sentence, "Your laugh?"

Jonathan nodded which made Marcel smile, "Yeah, it's pretty crazy but the guys and I like it."

"Basically, ha. That's why it's H2O Delirious."

It was silent for a moment or two until one of them asked a question.

"How about we have our own nicknames? Just for us. No one else can call us these names but us."

"Sounds good to me, what's my nickname from you?"

"Jonnie."

"In that case... you're MarMar."

Marcel smiled at his new nickname, the same with Jonathan. They just stared at each other for a moment before turning away and going back to their regular positions.

As Marcel laid down he mumbled something underneath his breath, something that had the word 'brother' in it. Which made Jonathan smile and rest his chin on his knee-cap, "I always wanted a brother."

They were brothers from the start. Jonnie and MarMar, the unbreakable bond that no one could destroy. They would be together till the end.

Even if one was dead.

  ✨✨✨