Chapter 33: Never Goodbye, It's See You Later. Right?

Song: Ashley Jana - Never Goodbye (Always C U Later)

Delirious' POV

I sighed as we pulled up in Evan's driveway. It was six at night and dinner actually starts now for them. I had a horrible feeling about this. I don't know if I should just shake it off or just keep it inside.

"Really confused on why you didn't bring your mask." My Dad said, snapping me out of my thoughts. Before I could say anything he spoke up again and opened the drivers door, "You never let anyone see your face."

I sighed. He was right, which is why I wear my mask to school or any other public places. But when I'm with Evan, I don't need to hide anymore. I can be myself towards him. "Evan has seen my face plenty of times, plus I don't want his parents thinking I'm a creep." I said, even though Evan's parents actually like me in my mask. Mr. Fong said I looked like his favorite killer, Jason. Even though I was already my own kind of killer.

I heard my dad go 'uh huh' as we reached Evan's front door. I knocked on it and waited for Evan to open it. I was getting nervous at this point, but Evan and I went over the plan already. We were to act like best friends, not lovers. Although that might be hard, considering I always held Evan's hand underneath the table every time we eat together.

The door cracked opened, revealing the light from inside. Once again I was snapped out of my thoughts. Evan opened the door open and greeted us in. I wanted to hug him and kiss his cheek, like I normally do but I knew better.  We bro-fisted instead. I just stared at the ground after that and Evan spoke.

"Hello Mr Denis and Delirious, you arrived just in time. My Mother and Father are getting the table set up in the kitchen if you wanna go in there, Mr Denis." Evan said, pointing to the kitchen door. My Dad nodded and walked into the kitchen. Leaving Evan and I alone.

I heard Evan sigh happily, which made me look up. He smiled at me and got closer, "You ready?" He asked me. I took a deep breath, even though it was shaky. Evan noticed and held my hand tightly, "Hey, calm down. You know I have your back if anything happens." He said.

I smiled a bit and nodded, which made him kiss my cheek, "Alright, well come on. We cant keep them waiting." He stated.

'If anything goes horribly wrong, just remember; don't break.'

I know Luke, I know.

 ▂▂▂▂ 🔪 ▂▂▂▂ 

The Fongs did a great job impressing my Dad with dinner, they made American Lamb Lollipops. Which tasted amazing. Evan and I sat on one side of the table, Evan's Mom was at the end of the table and our Dad's were sitting across from us. Which was nice because Evan was holding my hand and no one could see.

"So Tom," Evan's Mother began, which made me squeeze Evan's, "What's it like living with your son, kinda quiet with just the two of you, huh?" She asked.

"Well, I wouldn't know. Since my son is always with yours for who knows what." My Dad replied, taking a sip of his drink.

"Mr. Denis, We're best friends, and best friends are always with each other." Evan stated, which is completely true. 

"Well, I understand that. But recently you two have been spending a lot of time together. And its just you two, no one else from your little group." My Dad said, but then he looked at Evan's parent's.

'Why does he care so much? Jesus.'

"Since my son is always here, tell me, what do they do?" He asked them. I gulped and looked at Evan's parents.